Monday, December 9, 2013

This Kid

It's been a while since I've done a little update on Davis. And I find myself constantly saying, "I need to write that down". So without further adue, here are some tidbits about Master Davis.
  • He's talking up a storm. I can understand about 90%. His favorite phrases are "Where's insert name?" & "What's that?"
  • He's a decent eater. There's definitely nights when I end up making him a pbj because he doesn't eat dinner, but it seem like he's always hungry. He loves bananas, oranges, applesauce, yogurt, hot dogs, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, hamburgers, etc. However, he won't eat vegetables. I guess that's normal. 
  • For some reason he is really into garages. No idea why, but he points them out constantly. He also loves to play in the car (grandma's especially). He loves pressing buttons. Since we're on the 4th floor right now, we go on the elevator a lot & he insists on pushing that button. Heaven forbid anyone else do it. He will result in a melt down. He also likes to close his own car door, or any door for that matter. 
  • When it's time to brush teeth, he runs away. He used to come right in, but now thinks it's a game. We have to chase him all over the house. It's exhausting. 
  • He loves baths, but HATES getting out of them. He screams every time. 
  • He can sing Twinkle Twinkle, ABC song & tries to sing others. He counts to 10.
  • He can be a little stinker sometimes (not that you're surprised) & push Perry. This results in her crying & him taking off to hide. Although, sometimes Perry will just fall & when I ask him what happened, he'll reply "I push Perry" when he didn't. So he's also a scapegoat. Also, since we are in a tiny car right now, they all sit right next to each other. At first he was next to Elliot, but he would bother her way too much. He would reach over & pinch her or grab her hair. I would always tell him to put his hands in his lap & just watching him do that would crack me up. Then we moved Perry next to Davis. It's been a little better, but sometimes he will swing his leg up into her car seat just to be a pest.
  • He still has his yum yum. Normally I would have gotten rid of it, but since we are in New Zealand, I was not going try to change things. We'll work on that when we get home.
  • Davis will randomly snort like a pig. It's pretty hilarious & he thinks so too. 
  • He likes to gargle his water. I hate it when he does this because water ends up running down his face, neck & clothes.
  • My sweet boys still give me TONS of kisses without me even asking him. He's come up to me all the time & plant one one me.
  • He also has the sweetest hug. When he does it right, he'll wrap his arms around you & then scrunch his fingers up back & forth. It's the cutest thing ever!
  • He likes to say "Yes Sir!" very enthusiastically. 
  • Since he & Elliot are sharing a room right now, he always runs to get in her bed. When he does finally fall asleep in his own bed, he always has a pillow or blanket over his face. I don't know how he can breathe. 

5 comments:

Jan said...

I can't wait to see him again! He is so cute. It is great that you are writing all of these things down so he will be able to hear all about them when he is older!

Bexie Funk said...

i promise if you had two boys you'd have twice the amount of pestering. he sounds just like graham!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I hate that I don't know your kids! He sounds so fun.

Jami said...

He really seems to have grown while you guys were gone.

Brenda said...

So glad that Davis still likes playing in the car and happy that it's a lot cooler to do so now! :) Also sorry, I think I taught him the pig snort - I do that with him a lot! We both laugh & laugh! I love his glee!