We are pregnant with baby #3! Yes we are well aware that we have an 8 month old which means they will only be 15 months apart (eek!). My doctor even asked if this was an "oops" baby. Nope, we were trying, so there you go. By the time this baby gets here I will have just turned 30 and we're not sure if we want 1 more after that or not (Lane is sure, I'm still on the fence). So with that in mind, we figured we might as well start trying. I kind of would like to get all the "baby years" over with. I love them, but it's hard work! I mean, if you didn't have to deal with breast feeding, sleepless nights, being home bound, potty training, you get my drift~Then it would be cake. Anyway, I'm rambling.
We had our first appointment yesterday and had a sonogram. They said everything looked great. I am 7 weeks 4 days today, so it's still very early. That means my due date is January 7, 2013. Lane's first thought was, how can we make sure we have this baby before the end of the year so we can get a tax break. Always thinking honey :) With both of my kids I have had a scheduled induction at 39 weeks. However, I have always had an appointment the day before where they strip my membranes. I would then go into labor that night on my own & not have to be induced. SO with that in mind, I would schedule an induction on December 31st (they can only do it a week early). So one of my requests to my doctor was that I needed by appointment on the 30th so that way I will have 2 full days to have the baby. Luckily she is cool with it. Of course this is assuming that everything goes smoothly. Anyway, get ready for more baby posts each month!
Friday, May 25, 2012
Monday, May 21, 2012
That's what his onsie says and I couldn't agree more.
Lane had just gotten home from working the night shift and I asked him to keep an eye on Davis while I took a quick shower. I about died when I saw them like this.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Elliot had her 1st real visit to the dentist yesterday. She thought it would be a good idea to bring along Rollo (bear). I have to say I was so proud of her. She did awesome! She wasn't scared at all and was so proud of herself.
Monday, May 14, 2012
I'm so blessed to be the mother of these little ones. They fill my life with so much love.
Had to throw this picture in. Church is during nap time, so here he is sprawled out on the couch in the hall.
Me & my mom. Thanks mom for being awesome!
Monday, May 7, 2012
I have noticed he often sleeps on his side. He is still a good sleeper. He goes down around 8:30pm (wish I could move that to 7:30) and doesn't wake up until about 6:45am. He naps 3 times a day. His 2nd nap is typically the long one (2 hours).
He is still eating 4 6oz bottles a day, but now those are followed by baby food (half a jar) and 1 oz of prune juice for good measure. He's not too crazy about the vegetables, but who would be. Those look/smell disgusting. He does like the mixed vegetable one though. I've noticed he likes the orange vegetables over the greens. As far as fruit goes, he LOVES bananas and blueberry apple.
I found out today he does not like the Cuisinart. The vacuum doesn't bother him, so I thought this wouldn't either, but I was SO wrong. He gets this look on his face & lets out a loud scream. It's too funny. I took a video of it on my camera, but for some reason it's not uploading. If I figure it out, I'll post it.
Friday, May 4, 2012
For the past while, I've been jotting down little things about Elliot that I want to remember.
- She loves clothes with pockets. She always ask if things have pockets. She likes to just walk around with her hands in her pockets. It's really cute. Recently, she's been putting rocks or money in them. If she has on a pair of pants that doesn't have pockets, she'll just pretend they do. The other day I saw her walking around with a magnifying glass sticking out of the waistband of her pants.
- She drinks the remaining milk from her cereal. I don't know where she got this because neither Lane or myself do this. I was totally surprised when I saw lift the bowl to her mouth.
- She sings to the radio. I was surprised to hear her singing "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson in the car the other day. Made me laugh. Of course she doesn't get the words right, but I can tell which song she's singing by the tune.
- "That's ok" is a favorite phrase. She'll say it to everything. She puts her shoes on the wrong foot...That's ok! Positive outlook :)
- Dishwasher piano. When I'm unloading the dishwasher, she'll always come up to the door (since it's pulled down) and pretend to play the piano & sing "I am a Child of God". It's always that song. I don't know why.
- Band aid phase. For a 2 week period she was always thinking she needed a ban ban...aka...band aid. I told her if she's not bleeding, then she doesn't need one. Then one day she fell and scraped both knees. Now by no means was she bleeding, but it did take some skin off and they were red, so she finally got 2!
- Socks to bed. Lately she insists on wearing socks to bed. Even though summer is here and it's so hot in her room, she still wants them. I'll put her to bed with out them and when she wakes up in the morning, she has them on.