Sunday, June 15, 2014

Swim Lessons

Elliot started swim lessons for the 4th summer in a row. All the past years have pretty much been a waste, and I wasn't sure if this year would be any different. But it was! She finally did it. She definitely needs more practice, but the skill is there. I'm so proud of her & how hard she worked.  I chose to put her in private lessons so she could have undivided attention. I feel that helped a lot. Her teacher worked her hard. Lessons were 1 hour long. We finally got her to put her face in the water which of course helped her improve. I think her biggest hang up is still fear. Just taking that leap to push off the wall & start swimming. In fact, Elliot was the biggest procrastinator ever! Her teacher would ask her to swim to her & Elliot would ask a question or tell her about something. Anything to keep her from going. Her teacher finally started taking Elliot to the middle of the pool & having her swim to the wall. That way she wasn't able to make excuses. Here are a couple of pictures. I didn't get any pictures of her actually swimming because I was taking video.


3 comments:

Jami said...

The pool is clean. You can come swim anytime.

Christina Bassi said...

Way to go, Elliot! Individual lessons are what did it for Dominic too.

Jan said...

So proud of you, Elliot!!!