Sunday, August 28, 2016

Colorado

We said we weren't going to go on a vacation this summer since we had just moved and had a baby. However, we couldn't resist taking off to Colorado for a quick trip. This time we went to Evergreen which is about 45 minutes outside of Denver. It was a cute little town and very pretty. The first day we got there, we headed over to Evergreen Lake, which is really a large pond, and rented a Trike and a canoe. Day 2 we went to some state park to hike around there. It had lots of cliffs and big boulders. Our afternoon hike was in the forest, my preferred location. I just love all the tall trees. Day 3 we hiked the Red Rocks. The kids liked this one the best. Flatter trails and they were free to roam a bit more. Overall we had an ok time. Lane and I were regretting bringing the kids. It was constant whining. What kids don't like to explore outside? Apparently ours. Davis informed me on the last day that it would be his final hike. He said, "This is the last hike! I'm done hiking after this." I guess 4 hikes in 3 days is a bit too much for kids. All in all, they still had a good time.






















No comments: