Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Musical Doctors

27 weeks 5 days

Today I met my new OB. This is my 3rd & final doctor of this pregnancy. So glad I will not be switching again! I have to deliver at Parkland Hospital since that is where Lane works & our insurance goes through them. Because it is in the ghetto, I was pretty leery about the doctors & service I would get, but I was pleasantly surprised. I love both my doctor & my nurse. They are easy to talk to & very friendly, so that's good. The only downside is that I have to drive out there for all of my appointments. 

Today I did the glucose test (which I don't mind that drink at all). I also got the Rhogam shot & a blood type test. I was being poked all over. Baby's heart beat sounded good. They gave me this book with information about you & the baby month to month. I glanced through it & realized that I am already at the end of my 7th month of pregnancy, which I cannot believe. I guess I could have done the math, but just never have. Baby Davis weighs about 2.5 lbs & is 14 inches long. That surprised me as well. That's pretty long. I think Elliot was 19 inches when she was born. I only gained 1.5 lbs since my last visit which I am very pleased with. I will be going back for my next appointment in 2 weeks, which will start the whole every 2 week appointment thing. I can't believe I'm already at that point. Anyway, all is good.

17 comments:

The Hickman Family said...

I can't believe you're that far! You're tiny and carry very cute. Lane is a lucky man! Does he get to help deliver the baby since he's officially a doctor now?

Allison said...

Wow, where has the time gone? And, you look amazing! So cute! So glad you like your 3rd and final doctor....it's hard these days to find a good ob. I finally found one that I adore, of course after I'm done having kids.

KT said...

Wow, I can't believe you are that far along already. Doesn't it seem to go so slow the first time you are pregnant and much faster with the second? Cute baby bump!

Regina said...

You look amazing. I hate you. And your boobs. Anyway....I have never known someone that had to get the Rhogam shot. So you must have a neg. blood type? Interesting. I can't believe you are that far along either! Every two weeks already?!

Caitlin said...

You look fantastic! Gah, I'm jealous of your cute skinny preggo self. ;-)

Jen-Jen said...

you look wonderful!! as was expected :-) can't wait to see little Davis! i am so glad you like doctor #3! miss you!!

Jami said...

Glad that you like the new guy. Did you have to have that shot last time?

Missy said...

I have to get Rhogam shots because I have A- blood. It SUCKS!! You look amazing, by the way (but like I have to tell you that!)

Laura said...

I agree with everyone else, I can't believe you are that far along either. It's been almost four months since I saw you and that is almost half a pregnancy, so I guess that makes sense. :)

You look great!

Alys said...

Well, I have you beat. I went to 4 doctors with Ayla. I just had a hard time finding one that I liked. So I ended up driving an hour for my last two appointments and the post appointment as well. I just want a doctor that actually cares and knows my name when they come in the room. None of them could pronounce my name. Come on- it doesn't take a 4 year degree to make a note how the name is pronounced.
Anyway, your belly is looking cute! Getting close. We just got tickets to come the end of October, so little Davis will be brand new. Can't wait!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Um. Why do your boobs look so freaking fantastic?! Not fair. And you are such a skinny pregnant lady. I took a preg picture last week and refuse to put it on my blog because I look so horrible this time around. And I can't believe you are already at the 2 week appointments! That's crazy! And I love the name Davis. Very cute.

Jocelyn said...

Regina's comment (the first part of it) made me laugh because that was my first thought too!

Gwen said...

LOL! You make me laugh! Parkland is not in the ghetto. I've never been treated there but I hear it's not that bad. I'm glad you like your new doctor. Too bad that you have to drive so far, though. Hang in there. You're almost done, yay!

Lindsey said...

You look ADORABLE!! And if you ever switch again, my dad is an OBGYN at Presbyterian, Dr. Bertrand :)

Oh--and I'll be in Dallas the whole month of September and would love to see you!!

Jaymie and Justin said...

That's how my pregnancy was with switching to a few different doctors. Glad it's working out though. Not much longer to go!

Christina Bassi said...

You look great! I can't wait to be pregnant again. Such a great experience. Glad you like your new doctor and that you passed your glucose test. Don't want to fail that test. It's a big drag.

Fernando said...

Wow, you look tiny for being 7 months. Glad to hear somebody else didn't mind the glucose test. Lots of Diane's friends complained about it, but she said it wasn't a big deal either.