Friday, March 23, 2012

Pantry Proud

On the Nate Berkus Show, he has a little segment called "House Proud". This is my mini version of that for my pantry. I have a good amount of space in our pantry, which is a blessing & a curse. As you can see in the picture below, it was a bit out of control. There really wasn't any organization to it & the messier it got, the less I tried to fix it, until I was at the point of literally just tossing groceries in there. I am happy to say with a little inspiration from I Heart Organizing Blog, this picture is now a thing of the past.
 Here's my little clipboard on the inside of the door with our weekly dinner menu. I just laminated it, so I could reuse it each week.
 Underneath the menu is my grocery list. I love how it's categorized, making shopping a lot easier & faster.
 And here she is...
I love it. On the bottom shelf is a can rotator I got online from Shelf Reliance. That is a great site if you're into food storage. There's certain things we use a lot of, so it works out great for us. 

The middle shelf has the pull out drawers with the labels: bread, baby (formula & baby food) & snacks. And on top of those are little baskets with the labels: chips, breakfast (oatmeal, nutrigrain bars) & drinks (hot chocolate mixes, herbal teas, marshmallows)

And the top shelf has all the baking supplies (flour, sugar), noodles, & tupperware for whatever we're eating at the moment. I'm not completely happy with this shelf because you still have to move things around to see what's there. Part of the problem is that our shelves are so deep. Not really sure how to fix it, but it's a lot better than it was. Oh & the 2 labels you see on this shelf are: Sides (Idahoan Potatoes, Mexican rice) & Seasoning Packages (taco seasoning, Hidden Valley Ranch mix).

12 comments:

Kelley and Addison said...

wow!! gorgeous!!! i think i have a new summer project!

Carrie said...

Your pantry looks awesome! I love I heart organizing blog too!

Gwen said...

WOW! Good job! Shelf Reliance IS awesome. Jeremiah loves it. I need to check out this I heart organizing blog...going there now. Also, I love your other posts, too. I think I'm all caught up...for now.

Jami said...

It looks good. I like the drawers.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

wow! you go. i want to re-do mine now!

Jade said...

This looks great!! I really need to do this as well. I love the pull out drawers.

Jocelyn said...

Pretty impressive! I swear, I need to organize my entire house!!

Lindsey said...

this looks awesome!

Christina Bassi said...

Can you come do mine. Just kidding. Looks great. I organize mine but it never stays that way very long. I love your weekly dinner list and shopping list idea. :-)

Jaymie and Justin said...

Looks so clean and organized!

monica said...

WOW! You are inspiring me to finally clean up my pantry. but we're moving soon, so I think I'll just start fresh in our new place hehe.

Debbie said...

that is so impressive!!! good for you. I need to do this in ours! :)