Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Switching Beds

In a couple of weeks we will be moving (more on that later). And when we do, we will not have a crib. We gave ours away when we last moved because my parents have one. Anyway, I thought it might be better to go ahead and transition Davis to a big boy bed. Elliot switched over at 18 months. Davis is 20 months. If we hadn't been forced into it, I probably would put this off a bit longer. But I had to go ahead and bite the bullet. So I started it off at nap time yesterday. Of course he didn't stay in his bed and rushed straight to the door as soon as I left the room. I just made sure he couldn't get out and he soon realized he was stuck in there. So he decided to play with his toys for a while. But eventually he fell asleep!...on the floor next to his bed! LOL! Whatever. I'll take it. Here he is below.
 And then last night we tried it again. He did really well. I took the toys out of his room this time. And this time he fell asleep ON the bed. I'm really pleased with how yesterday went. Hopefully it will continue! Here he is again last night.
And here he is at today's nap. He did really well. On the bed again...kind of. 
Half way on the top bed, half way on the bottom bed.

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

wow! I love when the transition is smooth like that! Good little guy. Can't wait to hear about the move! So are you done having babies or having more??

Bexie Funk said...

that's pretty darn cute.

Jami said...

That's good. Our crib is in the basement, you are welcome to use it. It's in better condition than Mom and Dad's.

Lindsey said...

Cute!! I'm the wimpiest mom ever. I still haven't transitioned Olivia!

Christina Bassi said...

Looks like he is adjusting well. I love the video monitor. :-)

The Hickman Family said...

Just read the last several posts. Too cute! That's so cool that you guys get to go to New Zealand! By the way, I recognized the pics of the aquarium in Atlanta. We took the kids there last January. It was amazing! How fun that you guys got some alone time =)