Thursday, December 18, 2014

Elliot's Winter Party

I helped out with Elliot's class party. And by helped out, I mean did almost everything. No, I'm not the room mom. I didn't even know we had a room mom until the week before. I had emailed her teacher offering to help out where needed for the party & she told me she'd pass my info along to the room mom. So she did. I contacted the room mom to see if she needed anything & we decided I would bring cupcakes & a game. Ok. I was fine with that. Yes, I would have liked to have planned everything, but someone beat me to it & I had come to terms with it. I was even thinking how nice it was that I could just come & enjoy. Until 2 days before the party, the room mom lets me know she's not going to be able to make it. What?! So she drops off the craft (gingerbread houses) to my house. But nothing else. I was in shock. I don't think she understood what all goes into throwing a class party. That's when I realized that I had some major work to get done pronto. I had to get table covers, centerpieces, plates, napkins, cups, dishes to serve the food on, and decorations, etc. I pretty much busted my butt running around to stores all over town. Some more than once. I was so tired. BUT everything got done & I was happy with how it turned out. I hope she'll just ask me to plan the next party so that I can have all my ducks in a row in advance. 
 I love Elliot's face as she's walking into the classroom. I was told to hang something from the door for the kids to walk through & it paid off. They thought it was so special. 
Here's the space I had to set up the food. I brought some of my own decorations from home to spruce things up a bit;)

Thank you Pinterest for the adorable North Pole cupcake idea.
 Here's a close up of the tables.
Again, thanks to Pinterest for the game idea. I made the snowballs out of yarn. The kids had fun.
So glad it's over! Now I can relax a little.

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I so wish I liked to throw parties. I helped with Charlotte's today and was so glad when it was over! Yours looks awesome.

The Piersons said...

This looks so amazing! I did very little work for Carson's. Love seeing all the fun holiday stuff y'all are doing.

Unknown said...

Wow! You are going to be in big demand for many future years as a room mom!!!