Thursday, August 27, 2015

Houston Jaunt

We thought it would be fun to go back to our old stomping grounds...Houston. This was a super quick trip. Like a 2 day trip. My parents came along with us. I basically wanted to go back to our favorite parks and restaurants. 

We drove up in the morning and stopped for lunch at Tiny Boxwoods. I wish I had taken pictures there. It's the cutest place. It has a french country ambiance. I had to get the buffalo burger. It is amazing. Next, we headed over to Discovery Green park. It's right in the middle of downtown. It's pretty cool to look around and see all the tall buildings. We took the kids kayaking there. As you can tell by the woman standing next to the boat, it's like 2 feet deep. Right up my alley. It was a lot of fun. 















 I wanted to make a note that Elliot has now mastered the monkey bars.



 Next we headed over to Hermann Park. It's in the arts district. This park is about 5 minutes from where we used to live. 





 Shortly after this, we headed to the ER. Yep, you read that right. My dad lost his balance and cracked his head open. It was a really deep cut. Like to the skull. Luckily there's a hospital 2 minutes away. They were able to get to him quickly and sew him up, which was a blessing. Unfortunately we ended up eating at Wendy's, instead of Mi Luna. 

The next morning we ate breakfast at Katz Deli and then headed down to Galveston. The kids were dying to go to a beach this summer and that was the best we could do. They enjoyed it just the same. We only stayed for a few hours before heading to my Aunt Donna and Uncle Alan's house. We spent the remainder of the day/night there visiting with them and my cousin Allison and her husband Jason. Our kids had a blast playing with their kids, Landon and Emerson. Although our trip was short, it was packed with fun and family and for that we are grateful.








No comments: