Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sight Seeing

Yesterday, Lane & I went sight-seeing around town. First, we went to the Byzentine Chapel. It was very interesting & the lady told us a lot of facts about the artist who designed it. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but I did find one on the internet. The chapel is very small & dark. It's made out of this frosted glass, supposedly to give it the "floating" effect.

The second place we went to was the Rothko Chapel. I didn't like this one very much. You walk in & it's this large room with 4 benches forming a square. There's these large black paintings on all 4 walls. That's it. I don't really understand how anyone likes that stuff. Very uninspirational...if that's even a word.

The final stop was my favorite. A friend of ours told us about this house made completely out of beer cans. I was intrigued right away. So I looked it up & we went to see it. Sure enough, it was there. The siding of the house was made from flattening the cans. Supposedly the guy who did this retired from his job & got bored. ha.

3 comments:

Regina said...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN. A HOUSE MADE OF BEER CANS IS PRETTY INTERESTING. HE MUST HAVE BEEN PRETTY BORED!

Christina Bassi said...

Wow! Looks pretty cool! I have heard of the beer can house but have never been there.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

What a crazy house! You guys do the funnest things!