Sunday, April 6, 2008

Try This Recipe!

Lately I've been obsessed with chocolate no-bake cookies. So much in fact that I've made them 3 times in one week. Yes, that means the cookies lasted on average 2.3 days. I love these for 2 reasons: 1) they only take 5 minutes to make. 2) I just can't get enough of them. I used up all the sugar on the 2nd batch & made Lane borrow some to make another. When he found out our neighbor didn't have any, he went to ANOTHER neighbor. How sweet is he? I guess he would rather bring the sugar than return empty handed & put up with me pouting. So I figure cookies worth this much trouble deserve a post. Make them if you get a chance. You won't be sorry!


Mix 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 5 tbs cocoa, 1 stick of butter in a pot & bring to a boil. Let boil for 45 -60 seconds. Remove from heat & add 2 tsp vanilla, 2.5 cups oats, 8 tbs crunchy peanut butter & mix. Spoon onto wax paper & let dry for about 20 minutes. **Tips: have all ingredients out & ready to go. Since it only takes a short time, you have to add pretty quick.

8 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Looks yummy! We will have to try them! :)

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

They look so yummy... and there's chocolate in it so that makes it even better!

Regina said...

Remember in high school when we used to make these after school. I do, and I loved them!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

YUM. Will try them on Thursday.

The Whites said...

Oh my gosh! I have never seen anyone else make these! My whole family makes these all the time. I love them...and I claim that they are at least slightly healthy with all those oats!

Bexie Funk said...

These cookies are great! I've already made them twice in the last week. Thanks for the recipe!

Bexie Funk said...

These are really yummy. I've made them twice this week. Thanks for the recipe.

Jared A. Lopez said...

those look so good! I remember eating those when I was little and I couldnt stop! Now I have to go make some. I just started my blog, its a lot of fun!