Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby Shower


This past weekend I was given a baby shower for Davis by my best friends Regina, Amy & Kristen. I wanted to keep it really low key. I only invited about 10 people, mostly family & a couple of friends. I was totally shocked when I walked into the house. They went over the top with adorable decorations & fabulous food. I should have known better who I was dealing with! I so appreciated all their hard work & love that went into making me feel so special.
 
Here's the entry table. You can see my invitation. And is that little onsie not to die for?!
 I loved the colors they chose. In fact it inspired me to change the colors of his nursery. I had originally planned on keeping the same bedding that Elliot had since it was gender neutral, but now I just changed it out for navy, red & brown. Davis will thank yall later :)
Love all the little clothes! And those shoes!
 Just an up close example of the perfect details that went into this shower.
 We had a Mexican dinner spread that was delicious. And for dessert there were my personal favorite, sopapillas!
  Thank you bags that could be filled with candy! And another cute onsie!
 My wonderful hostesses!
 Me & my mom
Me & Brenda (Lane's step mom)
 Me & Jan (Lane's mom)
 Me & my sister, Jami.
 35 weeks 2 days
 I can't believe how big my stomach is!
 Regina & I are twins!
Amy thinks she's going to get good luck or something. LOL!

As I previously said, everything was wonderful & I am so lucky to have these girls in my life. I loved everything about this shower- good food & good friends. I also received so many wonderful gifts. I already had most of the basics, but I did get a high chair & swing that I'm super excited about! Thanks to everyone that was a part of this day.

10 comments:

Regina said...

It was so fun! I am glad you liked everything and got some good presents! I bet his room will be so cute! Those are great colors if I do say so myself. :)

Gwen said...

With all of the blue going on, I am so blue that I missed it! I had 2 sick babies and I wasn't able to make it. It looked like y'all had tons of fun, though! Glad to hear that it was a success. Then again, anything that you guys touch turns to gold :o)

Alys said...

That was nice of them. Showers are always fun.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You guys are so cute. I LOVE the pics at the bottom. And for reals I need tips in the shower throwing department. My parties are always super lame!

Allison said...

Wow, I am so impressed! What a cute shower. Your friends always throw the best showers...so glad you have such a great group of girlfriends. Can't wait to meet Davis. He will be here before we know it!

Jami said...

It was a great shower. Lots of great conversation and food. Of course I look as pregnant as you in the picture.

Jaymie and Justin said...

They went all out! I love that onsie next to the shower invitation too!

Stacey said...

You look great, Jalei. What a fun shower. I can't believe how beautiful you, Regina and Amy are. When I see this picture, I think "these are my girls." Love and miss you.

Debbie said...

you look fantastic! what a sweet shower. loved all the decor and those onesies are adorable! i don't think i've ever seen a hooded onesie like that?? awesome! :) he's almost here!!

Christina Bassi said...

Cute shower. And I just love your blue pregnant dress. You look so beautiful!