Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day Trippin

Lane had the day off, so we decided to take advantage & make a little road trip to Corsicana. Why Corsicana you ask? I understand your concern. Well for one, it's only an hour drive. And the past 4 years we have traveled between Houston & Arlington countless times. And every time I thought to myself, "I want to check out the Russell Stover store & the Collin Street Bakery". So I finally got my wish. This trip was all about food. 

First stop, Collin Street Bakery. I forgot to get a picture of this place. They have tons of good stuff. We got cherry angel food cake, m&m cookies, lemon sugar cookies, white chocolate chip cookies & a chocolate covered praline...all of which were delicious.

Next stop, Russell Stover Candies. This place had so many different chocolates and candies, that I was a bit overwhelmed. When this happens, I usually end up getting one thing because I can't decide on anything. That was the case today, and I ended up with a raspberry truffle. Yum!
 Elliot picked out this wolf looking animal & of course my parents bought it for her. Lane & I both tried talking them out of it, but with no success.
 Third stop, Napolis. A long time ago, we met one of Lane's friends at this restaurant. It's a little hole in the wall, and I'm not sure how they stay in business because the space is so big & it's always empty. But the food is so so good! I got the baked ziti and I plan on recreating this dish at home one of these days.

Last stop, Dee's Place. This is the oldest continuous running soda fountain in Texas. I have a love for soda fountains. They're hard to come by, so whenever I find one I always go. This place was very cute, but at the same time could use a little tlc.
 Waiting for her treat.
 Oh boy a cherry soda! She really enjoyed it. I got a chocolate shake, which was ok. I wish it was a little thicker, but it still tasted good.
And that concludes our tour of Corsicana. It was a nice little day trip & now I can say I've been to those places.

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

How on earth can you eat like that and stay so friggin skinny is beyond me. Not fair Jalei. Not fair.

Jami said...

Mom and Dad said it was lots of fun. Patrick liked the fruitcake.

Bexie Funk said...

that sounds like my kind of trip!

Regina said...

It sounds like a fun trip! And Elliot looks so cute!

DAVID+VICTORIA said...

I had to stay a week in Corsicana for work and we ate at Collin Street Bakery every single day for lunch. They have really good sandwiches too, and they'll usually give you a free cookie!

KT said...

What a fun day trip, I love that the focus was food!

Brooke and Josh said...

Elliot's outfit is sooo cute! Miss you guys!

the tatsaks said...

Yummo!!! That is my idea of a perfect day!!! Elliot looks precious!