Friday, May 4, 2012

Elliot Lately

For the past while, I've been jotting down little things about Elliot that I want to remember. 
  • She loves clothes with pockets. She always ask if things have pockets. She likes to just walk around with her hands in her pockets. It's really cute. Recently, she's been putting rocks or money in them. If she has on a pair of pants that doesn't have pockets, she'll just pretend they do. The other day I saw her walking around with a magnifying glass sticking out of the waistband of her pants.
  • She drinks the remaining milk from her cereal. I don't know where she got this because neither Lane or myself do this. I was totally surprised when I saw lift the bowl to her mouth.
  • She sings to the radio. I was surprised to hear her singing "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson in the car the other day. Made me laugh. Of course she doesn't get the words right, but I can tell which song she's singing by the tune.
  • "That's ok" is a favorite phrase. She'll say it to everything. She puts her shoes on the wrong foot...That's ok! Positive outlook :)
  • Dishwasher piano. When I'm unloading the dishwasher, she'll always come up to the door (since it's pulled down) and pretend to play the piano & sing "I am a Child of God". It's always that song. I don't know why.
  • Band aid phase. For a 2 week period she was always thinking she needed a ban ban...aka...band aid. I told her if she's not bleeding, then she doesn't need one. Then one day she fell and scraped both knees. Now by no means was she bleeding, but it did take some skin off and they were red, so she finally got 2!
  • Socks to bed. Lately she insists on wearing socks to bed. Even though summer is here and it's so hot in her room, she still wants them. I'll put her to bed with out them and when she wakes up in the morning, she has them on.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Funny. Wish she was coming to the sleepover tonight.

Lindsey said...

This was so sweet to read. I love the little things that make up kid's personalities.

Regina said...

I love posts like these! And side note: I'm pretty sure her and Arden have all the same clothes. In every picture lately that you have posted she is wearing something that Arden has!

Laura said...

She is so cute! I love the pocket one. :)

Alys said...

I love all these little things. I now have to check Harrison's pockets for rocks, as if checking Sean's weren't enough. I washed a load of kids clothes the other day and it was super noisy. I figured it must have been the metal on some overalls, but it was rocks. LOL