Friday, May 25, 2012

Drum Roll Please

We are pregnant with baby #3! Yes we are well aware that we have an 8 month old which means they will only be 15 months apart (eek!). My doctor even asked if this was an "oops" baby. Nope, we were trying, so there you go. By the time this baby gets here I will have just turned 30 and we're not sure if we want 1 more after that or not (Lane is sure, I'm still on the fence). So with that in mind, we figured we might as well start trying. I kind of would like to get all the "baby years" over with. I love them, but it's hard work! I mean, if you didn't have to deal with breast feeding, sleepless nights, being home bound, potty training, you get my drift~Then it would be cake. Anyway, I'm rambling.

We had our first appointment yesterday and had a sonogram. They said everything looked great. I am 7 weeks 4 days today, so it's still very early. That means my due date is January 7, 2013. Lane's first thought was, how can we make sure we have this baby before the end of the year so we can get a tax break. Always thinking honey :) With both of my kids I have had a scheduled induction at 39 weeks. However, I have always had an appointment the day before where they strip my membranes. I would then go into labor that night on my own & not have to be induced. SO with that in mind, I would schedule an induction on December 31st (they can only do it a week early). So one of my requests to my doctor was that I needed by appointment on the 30th so that way I will have 2 full days to have the baby. Luckily she is cool with it. Of course this is assuming that everything goes smoothly. Anyway, get ready for more baby posts each month!

25 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

holy cow, that is fast but congrats! We had ours pretty close together too and i'm really enjoying a nice break after the 3rd. after having so many baby years i'm finally starting to miss them!

Allison said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting! I am totally shocked and in awe! I in no way could do 3 kids, much less that close in age. Way to go Super Mom! I so miss the baby phase but don't think I could handle another one plus the price tag. And way to go Lane for thinking outside of the box...hope baby gets here before the strike of midnight. :) Looking forward to all the baby bump posts!

Christina Bassi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! I hear you on getting the baby years done. They are fun but so much work. Hopefully you have an easy pregnancy. :-)

KT said...

Congrats! You are brave and maybe a little crazy:) I couldn't mentally handle kids that close, but I totally understand when you say you want the baby years over. I hope you are feeling well and all goes well with this pregnancy!

Kelley and Addison said...

YEA for you!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Gwen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Truth be told, your baby may naturally come earlier because it's #3. Regarding the tax break...I swear, our husbands are brothers from a different mother!!! One more thing, our babies are are 20 months and 14 months a part...welcome to the club mama!!!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

holy crap! i'm dying! i mean, i did it like that too, but not on purpose. you will actually love it. s and c play so well together. remember when you swore you would absolutely only ever have one kid?? haha!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Having two that close is great when they begin to interact with each other. Looking forward to the updates.

Regina said...

Yayyyyy!!!! SO excited for you! I have to say, having two very close like that is great. And Elliot will be such a little helper.

Kashari said...

You're Cr@zy! I would no way be able to handle 2 kids so close in age, I would go nuts. But congratulations all the same. I'm also hoping to be done with kids by the time I'm 30ish so we will see. :) Can't wait to see pictures of the little one

monica said...

Congratulations! really great news :)

Missy said...

Congrats, Jalei!!

Brenden said...

Congratulations!! I swear I was just looking at my blog list, and thought to myself how I hadn't checked your blog in a while and what if I missed a pregnancy announcement or something! No idea why I thought that- mama intuition?? I was shocked when I read your post, haha! Anyway, congrats again. Can't wait to read the pregnancy posts. Hope you've been feeling well! :)

Abby Batlle said...

Congratulations!!!! Happy for your beautiful family!! How fun!

Jocelyn said...

Omigosh, congratulations! I'm very happy for you and can't wait for another round of preggo posts.

Also, my sister is a Dec. 31 baby. She didn't really like it growing up, but now that she's older, I think she really enjoys it.

Alys said...

Yay! It's out! I have been waiting for this post. 16 months was close with H & A. I am looking forward to 19 months between A and #3. I will pray for a 2012 baby for you. The tax break is nice, and we will be enjoying that again this next tax return. :)

Donnie and Laura said...

Congrats, how exciting!!

Jen-Jen said...

WOW!! I am so excited for yall! Congratulations!!! :-) We have to catch-up soon, maybe this week?? miss you!

Lindsey said...

You guys are hilarious on the tax break!! And congratulations! :) I think having them close will be fun!

Lindsey said...

And PS I think the same thing about the baby years! It is so wonderful but busy!

Diane said...

Oh my goodness! You are a baby making machine! I can't even imagine going through it so soon. You are amazing! Congrats!

Debbie said...

Ahhhh!!!!! Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! Whew, I get so exhausted some days with two under 3, but, at the same time...I agree with getting the baby years over with sometimes. I hear it's easier to have them closer together since you already are experiencing everything. Rather than being totally out of diapers, out of strollers, sleeping through the night, etc...then bringing a newborn back into the mix. So happy for you. What a blessing to your already beautiful family. (Another way you and Regina are so alike...how fun!) :)

Caitlin said...

CONGRATS! I can't wait for more baby posts. So excited for you!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Okay how did I miss this post?!?! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear if you have a little he or she type!

Laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow!!! That is so exciting!! We are so happy for you guys! :) (I hear you about wanting more than 3... I used to thing I wanted like 6, now I'm thinking 3 is pretty nice.) :)