Sunday, August 18, 2013

Elliot's Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

Today my firstborn turned 4! I cannot believe it. We had her party on Friday at Pump it Up. I had asked her a long time ago what she wanted to do for her party and she replied, "I want to go to the bounce house and sit in the Queen chair." So that's what we did. In the past I've always planned the extravagant parties where I end up exhausted. But for this one, I bought a couple of table decorations, balloons, made some cupcakes and didn't look back. It was just as good. And bonus, I actually was able to enjoy it without being a sweaty mess by the end of it. Here's a bunch of pictures that they took. Yes "they" the workers. Not me:)
Her Invite. She still really loves Lightning McQueen


These little cars are seriously a hit. The little ones go crazy for them.
 Easton
 Grandma & Elliot
 Aunt Aly & Asher




Her Actual Birthday-Aug 18
Today Elliot woke up to balloons & streamers. We do this every year. She was pretty excited. We had donuts for breakfast and then got ready for church. When we got back, she walked into the living room to see her new bike! She wheeled around the house for a little bit. I told her we would go outside to ride it tomorrow. We went to my parents house for dinner. Whenever it's someone's birthday, they get to pick what they want for dinner. Well Elliot chose salad. Not your normal Sunday dinner. So we also had Pasta Fagoli & breadsticks. Afterwards, she got her Lightning McQueen cake and opened her presents from Grammy & Papi. She was thrilled to see a Lightning McQueen tent, lady bug flashlight & whistle (she's been asking for a real one for 6 months now). What a wonderful weekend she had. I think she's spoiled :)



 Princess bike with a little seat on top for a baby doll...or her astronaut monkey.

Lunch time she insisted on keeping her helmet on!
 Regina got her this dress for her birthday.

Best Friends--Her cousin Eleanor








A few pictures of me & my girl. Everyone was napping. And I am never in any pictures with my kids, so this was a treat. Happy birthday Elliot Reese!




6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Her Lightning McQueen dress is too cute! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Regina said...

CUTE PICS!!! Love it! Sounds like she had a fun filled weekend!

Jami said...

She seemed to have fun on Sunday. I'm glad it was a good birthday for her.

Lindsey said...

Fun fun fun!! And I think she is looking more like you as she gets older :)

Christina Bassi said...

I love that she loves Cars! It is still Dominic's favorite. Love the dress! and the invite is adorable. glad she had a great birthday and that it was all nice and low key for you. Cute pictures! :-)

Jan said...

That was a great party!