Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Year Halloween Did Not Come



Sadly we did not celebrate Halloween this year. Not by choice. Here in New Zealand Halloween is no big deal and no one does anything for it. Believe me, we asked around. One person even told us it was in November, so you know they have no idea it’s anything special. I was going to get some Halloween treats for the kids since we weren’t trick-or-treating, but they didn’t have any of those either. Guess I should have figured. Instead we got our “fix” by looking at my Halloween board on Pinterest. LOL! We also looked at pictures of our cousins in their costumes. And that was about it. Oh well. On the plus side, I didn’t have to spend a small fortune on Halloween costumes. Here’s a picture of our Halloween decorations I threw up by the front door before we left. I thought we could at least enjoy them for 2 weeks. 

2 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Bummer. Well, I guess you guys are immersing yourself in the culture. I am sure there are other cool holidays they do there that we don't do here. I have a neighbor from the Netherlands and she said they really don't celebrate Halloween there too. They are the cutest family. They went with our tradition and ran with it. Last year the whole family dressed up as Captain America. Even the mom and dad. They were such a hit on our block. Will you guys be there for Christmas? I bet it would be fun to see Christmas in the summer.

Jan said...

We never have trick or treaters in our neighborhood, so I really enjoy seeing all the kids on facebook.