Monday, January 19, 2009

Camping


We went camping with Brian, Christina & Dominic last night at Brazos Bend State Park. It's known for its Alligators, as you can see above. Of course this was the one & only alligator we saw & we didn't even find it. Some nice people pointed it out to us.

Lane & Brian got a nice camp fire going. It was so nice & warm! Brian was nice enough to serenade us with his guitar.

My favorite part about camping is of course the smores! I actually only ate one & then I just stuck to the marshmallows. It got pretty chilly once the fire died down.

This raccoon was the highlight of the night. He was so sneaky coming around & opening the box where we kept the food. Then Lane started feeding him & he definitely wasn't going anywhere. In fact, he brought his posse along! Pretty soon we were surrounded by 3-4 raccoons. While I was sleeping I was woken up by them! Although I heard a different kind of sound which made me wonder if the alligators had wandered out of their swamp.

The next day we went on another trail in hopes to find some more gators, but no such luck! I think the weather was too cool for them to sunbathe. Thanks Brian, Christina & Dominic for roughing it with us in the woods!

13 comments:

Regina said...

I have been patiently waiting for oyu to post something new! Glad you had fun camping! Very cute pics.

Jaymie and Justin said...

that is crazy feeding raccoons. that is very dangerous. I learned in one of my mammalogy class that they can go psycho on you and they have dangerous diseases. That was a cool gator though.

Jami said...

I think I've seen that one pose of you before. Did they have a bathroom for you to run and warm up in?

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

What a nice little weekend!! Alligator,racoons and all!

The Lindsey's said...

I love camping we haven't been in forever..Tate's idea of camping is the marriott..Glad you guy's had a good time

Alys said...

Looks like fun! I want to go camping now.

Bexie Funk said...

my family loves brazos bend, we went there at least once a month when I was growing up. we even had a "family tree" that we'd climb, cheezy i know!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Haha! That's funny about the racoons. I have some experience with those guys as well... How are you feeling?? And s'mores are DEFINITELY my fav as well!! LOVE THEM.

the tatsaks said...

UMMM...Smores!!! I have not been camping in so long but smores makes it sound like a really good idea!

Donnie and Laura said...

Tell Lane he is NOT supposed to feed the raccoons!! They have like rabies and stuff!!!

Christina Bassi said...

Thanks again for coming with us. We had so much fun with you guys! :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love camping! How fun for you guys. how are you feeling?

Debbie said...

dang...first trimester and you're up for camping?!?! you're putting some of us to shame, missy!

be careful with those raccoons...they're sneaky!! :)