Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Time!

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! Yesterday it snowed, which is crazy for Houston. Unfortunately none of it stuck where we live. But this entire last week we've had some serious winter weather. I have to say I haven't minded it as much as I usually do. A few days ago, we got our tree. I swear our trees keep getting smaller each year. This is our first Christmas in this apartment & space it tight. We were debating on even getting a tree this year since there is really no good place to put it. We had 3 options: 1) Disassemble our kitchen table & put the tree there. But then we'd have to eat on the couch for 2 weeks. 2) Stick it in the baby's room, right between her crib & changing table. Yes, it would be out of the way, but I wanted it to be seen more. 3) Put it in front of the doors that go out to the patio. This is the one we went with. But now we have to climb over the couch to get to the computer...a small sacrifice for a great tradition. Nothing beats the smell of a pine tree & the feeling you get when you turn off all the lights & are left with the soft glow of the Christmas tree. Love it!

I've also been listening to my favorite Christmas cd-Kathy Matea "Good News". It's pretty old. My parents used to annoy us by playing it on a repeating loop at Christmas time growing up. My mom even made me sing one of the songs at our church's Christmas party (thanks for that). But somehow it grew on me & is now one thing that I look forward to hearing this time of year. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good one.

Here is our family photo we're putting in our Christmas cards.When Lane told me about this huge tree with oversized presents, he had me sold...until he told me it was in a hospital. But I think they turned out great (Thanks Lauren)!

And of course I had to throw in a picture of miss Elliot. This is by far my favorite one yet!

17 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Between Lane's height and the oversized tree/presents, you look so tiny!! Cute pictures!

Hopefully we'll go get a tree tomorrow (unless I go into labor, which would also be great!).

Gwen said...

YAY!!! You found a place for your tree! It looks great. The family pic is so cute! The big tree is awesome. Tell Lane that he did good :o)

Donnie and Laura said...

Awww Elliot looks so cute like a Gerber baby model!! And what is it with hospitals and huge decorations?? Ours has wreaths in the front with like a 6 feet diameter!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Look at her smile!! Cute pics. I better get one. :-)

Abby Batlle said...

Elliot is gorgeous!!! Love that picture of her and the family one is just perfect!!!

Jami said...

I like the pictures. Elliot looks great. I am betting that she has the cd on when we get there today.

Alys said...

I am glad you got a tree! It makes a home feel like Christmas. I love the family pic in front of the tree. Y'all are so cute! Miss you guys!

Christina Bassi said...

You guys always decorate your tree so beautifully! I loved reading all your potential tree spot ideas. Too funny!

Debbie said...

omg, elliot!!!! thats my fav picture, too! so cute! and i love how your family pic turned out!! :)

the tatsaks said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Elliot!!!

Lindsey said...

Awww this post made me even more excited for Christmas. I love all of the music, trees, decorating, etc. So fun! And I love your Christmas pic, good spot :)

Laura Weight said...

LOVE love that picture of elliot! What a cute smile--- such a pretty little girl. I can't believe that she is already 3 months old. Thats crazy. They sure grow up so fast. I bet you guys are loving every min of it :)

The Hickman Family said...

Space was so tight when we lived there too! I love love love that pic of Elliot! You look great too by the way =)

Regina said...

That's totally where I would put the tree too. And that pic of E is precious!

Nicole said...

What a sweet little family. Love the family pic and the one of Elliot. I don't think she could get any cuter.

blankenshipfamily said...

I agree that is an ADORABLE photo of Elliot. She gets more beautiful every day! Can't wait to see her at Christmas . . .

blankenshipfamily said...

Oh . . . almost forgot with my excitement about Elliot's photo - the family photo is darling too!