Thursday, January 12, 2012

Davis is 3 Months

3 months is the age where things start to get fun (at least to me anyway). Babies are easier to handle at this point because they've filled out some and aren't so fragile. And they've started to respond to parents' crazy antics by smiling and laughing. Such is the case for my sweet little guy. He is such a good baby. He's already sleeping through the night and we didn't even have to make him cry it out. He just started doing it a week or 2 after he turned 2 months. That has helped mommy in the sanity department. He eats every 3 hours and is awake for about 1.5-2 hours before taking a nap. I love going to get him out of his crib. We use one of those swaddle blankets and as soon as I undo it, his little arms fling into the air for a big stretch. So cute! He's getting better at tummy time. I have to admit that I am totally slacking in the mom department on this one. I was a nazi with Elliot, but now that there's 2 of them, I'm constantly being pulled in 2 different directions, so the tummy time hasn't been my top priority. That is until this past week. I'm making up for lost time. I looked back at E at 3 months and she was a champ at lifting her head up really high. So now I'm trying to catch Davis up. I've also been sticking him in the Bumpo as well and he does great at that. With Davis I never signed up for the weekly emails you get about what your baby should be doing. I still get the ones for Elliot, so I forget what should be happening.




9 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

He looks so much like Elliot. Such a cutie. And tummy time? What is that? Emery might have laid on hers once. Maybe. :)
And I did the same thing with Sage where the potty is concerned. Tried at 2 1/2 cuz swore she was ready, but ended up waiting till a few months before she turned three and it took her like a day to pick it up and she never had an accident. Waiting is WAY easier!

Jami said...

Such a cutie!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Crazy! He looks exactly like Elliot in picture #1. That is so nice he is sleeping through the night!

Regina said...

Oh my gosh he looks so different in the bumbo pics! He has gotten so big! We should get together one of these days. We dont ever really do anything.

The Hickman Family said...

How cute! You really are blessed that he sleeps through the night already. It's easier to handle the busy days and the tantrums when you get a good night's rest!

Brenden said...

What a little doll!! I'm sure that's just the way it goes with 2nd babies, you're just too busy to be focused on all the little things like the first time around. I'm already mentally preparing myself for all the mommy guilt I'll probably feel, ha!

Christina Bassi said...

He is already sleeping through the night at 3 months. What a good baby!

Debbie said...

what a sweet boy!!! he's really starting to resemble Elliot!!

great job sleeping, makes such a big difference!! :)

Alys said...

I think he is starting to look more like a Jester than a Blankenship. But, he and Elliot do look like siblings for sure.