Sunday, April 29, 2012

Look What I Found!

A while back I had pinned a tutorial on how to make this stump side table. It seems pretty easy to do & I like the look, but I thought- Now where am I going to find a cut stump?
 Yesterday while we were on our run, we came across this house that had a pile of stumps all cut up in their front yard! I was so excited and made Lane knock on their door to ask if we could have one. Of course they didn't care and now I own my very own stump! Isn't she great? I can't wait to fix her up. Of course right now we don't have any place in our house where she would look right. So I'll just keep her around until we move and get new furniture and redecorate (1-2 years) because chances are I won't come across any more free stumps.

8 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lindsey said...

You are hilarious! I love that you made Lane knock on the door!!

Jami said...

Interesting. So you were out running?

Regina said...

That is hysterical! I love it!! It would be great for Davis's room by the rocking chair.

Bexie Funk said...

i wish i had an eye for that thing. I am clueless about decorating. i'm sure it'll turn out great.

Laura said...

lol! That is awesome! I even like your stump better than the picture above!

Debbie said...

haha I totally would have made Badi do the same thing! glad you got one. it's a nice looking stump! :)

Gwen said...

We had TONS of stumps after the tornado. You should've blog about wanting one. I would have saved you some. Your stump is still great!