Sunday, April 7, 2013

Davis at 18 Months

 This kid is a real card. Always into everything! He is very interested in pressing buttons, opening and closing doors, and flushing toilets. He LOVES to be outside. He has a complete meltdown when he sees others going outside and he can't go. I believe Davis is going to be a lefty. Every time I hand him a crayon, he reaches for it with his left hand. Very strange since neither Lane or I am left handed. His taste pallet has really expanded thank goodness! He's added bananas, quesadillas and some meats to his list of foods. He still won't touch vegetables. He has this one habit that drives me bananas. He self inflicts pain. If you tell him no, he will slap his legs and let out a yell. And then he will find anything: a wall, the floor, the arm of a couch, a chair and proceed to headbutt said object. I was horrified the first time he did it. You would think the first time he realized it hurt, that he wouldn't do it again, but that has not been the case at all. I've wondered whether I should ignore it or tell him to stop hurting himself (I go back and forth between the 2). I told the doctor and he says it's completely normal and to just ignore it, so that's what I'll do from now on. Sheesh! Other than that weird thing, he is doing great. He's building up a nice little vocabulary. He knows his basic body parts although he won't always point to it. It's so fun to see him really start to understand what I'm saying. I'll ask him questions and his response is always, "ya". He sounds so cute!

Stats:
Height--34.5"--96%
Weight--26 lbs--25%
Head--18.31"--17%

2 comments:

Allison said...

Landon was a "head banger" too at that exact same age. When he didn't get his way or got frustrated he would bang his head on the floor. He never attempted any other objects. However, he would even do it on the tile floor, which freaked me out. I learned that ignoring it was the best thing, although hard, and he eventually grew out of that phase.

Greg and Nancy said...

I'm the only right-handed one in my family; both of my parents and my brother are lefties. :)