Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Happenings

Happy Easter everyone! This year I really wanted to have Elliot understand what Easter is all about. So every Monday night we had a little lesson about it. This was one of the treats we made. By Easter we were down to one cross & barely any jelly beans.
Saturday we went to some church's egg hunt. I decided we'll be nixing egg hunts (with the exception of family ones). It just gets too crazy. I'm guessing there was about 10K people at this thing and it made it really stressful for me. I just don't like big crowds. But Elliot had a good time.

You see Davis...this is about how he was the whole time.
That night we dyed eggs. I do the plain old simple dye tablets. Nothing fancy.



Kids' Easter baskets
Checking them out.
Family picture. We seriously took 20 shots & this was the only decent one. I had to do it before church because I knew we'd be a mess by the time it was over. I've always wanted to match everyone and this is the first year I was able to do it! Davis has on a tie that matches the girls' dresses.
For dinner we went to Lane's dad's house. Brenda made a fancy dinner and then we had our own egg hunt. I think we over did it a little with 100 eggs!






Happy Easter!

7 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i hate huge crowds too. they make me nervous with kids. i love your skirt! i didn't even buy easter clothes, i'm too cheap!

Jami said...

Cute outfits!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

those kids are so cute. I love them. And this was the first year we all matched, too. I did not get a single picture. GR!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Your family picture is SO cute... well worth the 20 shots it took to get it!

Lindsey said...

As a big fan of matching (haha...whether Nathan likes it or not!), I LOVE your Easter outfits! I'm also a big fan of navy and white. And y'all all look so cute!!

Lady Harris said...

LOVE the matching outfits!!!!!! So cute!!! Precious family pic!

Christina Bassi said...

So many eggs...Davis and Elliot scored big time. :-) I love your matching family picture. Such a beautiful family.