Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Elliot's 1st Day of Preschool

I cannot believe I have a child in preschool. Elliot has been so ready for this day for over a year now. But why was it that I was the one who woke up with my stomach in knots? I had all the emotions as if it were me. But she seemed cool & collected. When we got there, we hung up all of her things, I gave her a hug and kiss and then I handed her a little gift to give to her teacher. She walked into the room and that was it. Didn't look back or anything. Hopefully she didn't get scared later. I didn't stick around to find out. I was on the verge of tears before and after walking into her school. However I wouldn't allow one tear to escape. I didn't want her to see me and think she was supposed to be sad. I had to keep it together. My baby girl is growing up!




When I went to pick her up, she was all smiles. The teacher said she had a great day. When asked what her favorite part of the day was, she replied, "the playground". I guess that's normal. She did tell me all about her day. I was surprised she remembered so much. I think she'll doing really well at this school.

4 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Having them go off on their first day of Pre-K is so hard. I totally cried. They grow up too fast. She looked adorable on her big day. Glad she did so well. Dominic's favorite subject is still recess.

Donnie and Laura said...

Hahah, love her little pose in the second picture. How exciting!!!!

Bexie Funk said...

so cute! i cried on caroline's first day and she asked me to leave!

Jan said...

Such a sweet girl and a sweet mom! Love you!