Thursday, September 5, 2013

Snacks

Every mom knows a thing or two about snacks. They are lifesavers. But since Elliot has been in preschool (only 2 days mind you) I feel like I've taken the snack thing to a whole new level. It seemed like no big deal until they said at the parent meeting to pack "healthy snacks". That makes things a little trickier. I do not want to be that mom the teachers roll their eyes at because my child's lunch has no nutritional value. Anyway, I went to Costco today & ended up with LOTS of snacks. I just kept seeing things and I thinking, "oh Elliot would like that". So now my cupboards are overflowing with snacks. Now not all of them are healthy, but I have a sweet tooth, so I plan on sharing.
This giant tub contains EXCESS snacks that would not fit in the pantry. We got Rice Krispie Treats (I told you I was eating these too), fruit snacks, granola bars & pretzels. And in the pantry, we have raisins, dried fruit, fruit burst squeezers. Then in the fridge, we got your carrots, olives (she loves these), fruits, cheese sticks, & hummus singles to dip with whatever.

Things have changed since I was in school. Let's just say my mom wasn't packing me fruits & veggies. She knew better! I ate things like Fruit Roll Ups, Gushers, Little Debbie snacks & Capri Suns. Of course this was all in addition to a sandwich & an occasional chocolate milk. That's another thing, I just pack Elliot's sippy cup with water. Hopefully she'll have better eating habits that I do.

On another note, Elliot has started to make her bed in the mornings all by herself without me asking. I only showed her one time how to do it & she's gotten the hang of it. I'm very proud.

And what have Davis, Perry & I been up to? Oh you know, the usual...hanging out in our pjs, Target errands, buying elephant chairs from Costco. This boy needs a little extra love:)

6 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

we get the whole healthy snack thing every year, caroline will stress when I put a homemake cookie in her lunch and I tell her i can feed her whatever i want. (her lunches are healthy anyways)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Is that your house?? I love all the windows! And Elliot's headboard on her bed is super cute.

Christina Bassi said...

Elliot can make her bed...very impressive. I have given up with my boys. It is so darn hard for me to make their bunk beds. I think it is probably impossible or them. oh well.

I like the olive idea for lunches. I put fruits and vegetables in Dominic's lunch but he never eats them but he would probably eat olives. Thanks. :-)

Jami said...

The girls only get a sandwhich, fruit, and vegetable in their lunch. The only snacks they get are at Mom's.

We did make homemade pizza for the lunches with those whole wheat flat rounds. They loved them. It was like the lunchable pizzas.

Brenda said...

Yeah for Elliot making her bed! Way proud of you girl!! Love you Elliot. :)

Jan said...

Elliot is such a sweet girl and that is great to teach her to make her bed. She is a big help to you, I know!