Sunday, April 6, 2014

Color Me Rad

This past Saturday, my girlfriends and I ran the Color Me Rad race in Fort Worth. It's been so long since I've done a 5k. It was pretty chilly outside. I had on 2 layers of pants & shirts. We did discover that we are the "grumpy old ladies". While waiting for the race to start, everyone around us is full of energy, yelling, high fiving, that sort of thing. And then you have us huddled up quietly talking & accusing them of putting on a show. There's no way they can be that pumped up, right? Yes we are stick in the muds. We didn't really get all excited until after we finished the race. And I'm pretty sure it was because we were going to Chuy's to eat! Priorities. Anyway, I had fun. And I'm proud to say I ran the whole way! I have never done that. When we finished Stephanie was saying she didn't believe that was a 5k & I was like, "don't you dare say that!" I will hold to the belief that it was a true 5k:)





4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

How fun!! I'm always a stick in the mud, too. How people are always hyped up early in the morning is beyond me.

Greg and Nancy said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jami said...

I'm glad you had fun. The girls enjoyed it when we did it.

Jan said...

That is great! I don't think you are a stick in the mud. There aren't too many people who could run a whole 5K--including me!!!