Thursday, April 24, 2014

Davis Lately


So I thought I would give a little update on my Bubalouie. Since my last post about his behavior, I went into full search mode for any piece of information that would help me tame this terrible two year old. I read about 5 books looking for answers. We tightened up the reins on the house rules too. If he hit, he went straight to his room. If he started crying, he went to his room until he could be happy.  And usually he wouldn't even make it to his room before he was coming back tear free. Before I could finish all my books, it seemed like he was a completely different child. Over the past few weeks, he has been so much better. So much in fact that I would say I'm no longer worried about him. I am going to finish up my last book, "Toddler Rules" by Jo Frost aka Super Nanny, because I like her & the way she writes...straight forward.

Some things about Davis lately...
-He is my most loving child. He is constantly giving me hugs & kisses.
-He is great about saying please & thank you.
-When you ask him a yes or no question, he always responds, "aaahh yes/no"
-He loves playing with sidewalk chalk & outside on the swing set. He likes to take his tools out there & "work" on the treehouse.
-He has a dead tooth. And it just had to be his front one. Gross. Luckily his top lip covers it pretty well.
-The other day Elliot ran inside to tell me that Davis was going to the bathroom outside. I walked around the back of our house & sure enough there he was, pants around his ankle, diaper thrown to the side & squatting. NEVER has he done that before. Luckily it was just pee.
-He loves for me to put deodorant on him.
-He is talking so well. He knows all the words to some of the nursery songs & it's been really fun to hear him sing. 

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

ha! don't worry my boys have both gone outside several times. graham would probably prefer to go outside. its a boy thing.

Jan said...

He is just taking after his dad! Lane also had a dead tooth at about that age. We finally had to pull it and he was snaggle tooth fo a while. Lane also loved to pull down his pants and water the grass outside!!!