Friday, April 18, 2014

Lane is 35!

I can't believe Lane is 35. I feel like I might as well be 35 too! We had such a fun day. I love to celebrate and although Lane could care less if he did anything on his bday, I wanted to make sure we had plans!
 The first thing we did was head out to Fort Worth. They have a bike share program where you pay to use their bikes around town & just return it to one of the docking stations. Best idea ever! We were able to bike all around town & along the Trinity River. It was so much fun & I would love to do it again. Here we are on the new West 7th bridge. After about 1.5 hours of biking we decided to head back & eat at Chuy's.
 
Round 2 I have no pictures of. We went to see the movie Draft Day (we liked it) and then had dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant, India Grill.
 
Third & final round...About 2 months ago, I mailed letters to some of Lane's friends. Their directions were to write a birthday message on a balloon & mail it back to me. So at the end of our night, I dumped all the letters onto our bed.
 He had a great time blowing them all up and reading their messages. A lot of them were from friends he hasn't seen in ages, so it was really fun for him to hear from them. Success!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I am so glad you had such a fun day. Jalei, you always do so much to make those occasions so special. I know Lane will remember his 35th! We sure enjoyed seeing you.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You win the best wife of the year award for sure!!! This is awesome. I'm totally stealing the balloon idea for Clint's next bday!!!!
Also. I need to see pics of you house. I see glimpses but your room looks amazing. Send me pics!

Bexie Funk said...

wow I'm such a slacker! that sounds like so much fun!

Jocelyn said...

What a great day... you're such a sweet wife!!

Christina Bassi said...

What great ideas. I especially loved the balloon one. I hope ours wasn't too smeared.