Tuesday, March 18, 2008

1 Year & Still Here

Yesterday, St. Patrick's Day, was our 1 year anniversary! The time sure has flown. We've learned a lot about each other & have grown together. We'll both admit that at times it seemed like the days drug on and on, but in the end all is well. We celebrated on Saturday by going to Galveston as you've seen below. Yesterday, Lane had class, so being the good wife that I am, I hid little notes around for him to find throughout the day. Inside each envelope was a piece of a letter I wrote to him along with a puzzle piece. Below, you can see the piece that he lost! It must have fallen out of his bag.

Oh well. When he got home we went to dinner & I convinced him to go see "The Other Boleyn Sister". Afterwards, we broke out the top of our wedding cake. I've been waiting to eat this forever! And although it looks pretty beat up here, it tasted almost as good as the day we cut it. It had a raspberry filling that everyone loved, especially me! Over the past year it has been foiled up in our tiny freezer, hence the dents.

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea!! Congratulations on one year! I'm happy your cake was still good....our cake person totally screwed up and made the top part lemon cake, which we both hate-so we tossed it. And cute puzzle!! You are so creative.

Regina said...

Yes, I do remember how amazing your cake tasted...hope you enjoyed it!

Christina Bassi said...

Happy anniversary guys! :)

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Congrats!!! That's so great that your cake tasted just as good as your weddind day. Ours tasted terrible!

Julianne said...

I told Richard that we should have all gone out and then realized who would want to spend their first anniversary with some old married couple with four kids! I am glad you got to go out and celebrate alone.

Bexie Funk said...

happy anniversary! Shawn and I ate the top of ours over our honeymoon b/c we didn't think it'd be good a year later.