Thursday, May 15, 2008

Playing Hookie

So I decided to take a day off from work because I can. I have several days saved up and since I won't be teaching next year, I will lose them. Therefore, I figured the only logical thing to do was to use as many as I possibly can before the year is over. Actually, I feel bad when I miss days, so I don't do it very often. But today was very relaxing. So much in fact that I'm going to do this next week and the week after that. Why not? I started off my day with waffles and kiwi. Then I watched one of my favorite movies that was on tv, "Someone Like You". Next I got ready for the day & since it was pouring, I was inspired to go out & buy rain boots. I've been wanting a pair for a year now and got a great deal. They're so cute!Later I got lunch with a friend of mine and then we went to see "Made of Honor". It was very cute. I just love Patrick Dempsy.
After that I found a pair of jean capris for only $10! It was indeed my lucky day. And to top it all off, we had a little Grey's Anatomy watching party complete with delicious cheese dip. I don't think I could have hand picked a better day.

5 comments:

Regina said...

i hate you. enjoy life before you have a baby! don't get me wrong, i love it so much, but it will be quite a while before i have a full day like that again. Your last pic didnt show up on my computer, but i am sure it was something fab.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

That sounds like my kinda day! I'm glad that you enjoyed your day of being hookie.

Jami said...

Well it sounds like you had a good time. My kids have been so horrible this year, I have done that several times. In fact, I only have 2 days left.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love the rain boots...only you could pull those off!!

Julianne said...

What a fun day. How nice for you!