Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunny Florida!

Let me just say that Florida was NO disappointment! Despite what those weathermen said, it was good weather 90% of the time. First stop when we got there was Red Reef Beach. We went here to snorkel. I made Lane put on every piece of his snorkel gear for this picture.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to snorkel because every time I went under, water immediately got into my goggles, which in turn burned my eyes because of the salt. The goggles were even tightened all the way. I was very upset because I was so excited to go! So Lane had to swim around solo for a while.
That night we walked around Las Olas Blvd & ate at this crepe place that was incredible! We each got our dinner crepes & ended with this amazing dessert crepe!
Seriously, the best ever! So good in fact that we stopped BACK by this place to get another one before we went back to the airport!
The next day we went to this Polynesian show. I think this was my favorite part of the trip. The food was great.
The dancers were so entertaining. I'll try to upload 2 video clips I took.
On our last day, we went on this tour boat that showed us all the huge houses & yachts. Whoever the owner of the Miami Dolphins is owns more than half of Ft. Lauderdale!
Check out this cool boat & million dollar house!

Our last stop of our trip was at the everglades. We went on an air boat tour to look for alligators. Before we got started, we went to this exhibit where Lane got to hold a baby alligator.
This was when we were on the boat. This guy came up to our boat. When I heard that alligators can jump 3/4 of their body length, I was starting to get worried! He was so close I could have touched him.
Add laying out a few times & renting a jet ski & you've got our vacation in a nutshell. It was so much fun & I'm so glad we were able to go.

13 comments:

Regina said...

Oh that all sounds so fun!! You were able to cram tons of stuff into a short time. Those crepes look so good and now I am craving some. I love looking at huge houses too! That alligator thing is scary, what is keeping him from biting the air out of the boat and killing everyone on it? I mean, come on, he's an alligator.

Bexie Funk said...

That sounds like so much fun! You guys do the coolest stuff! I can't wait to be able to go on a vacation, which should be in about 10 years.

KT said...

Looks like you had a great vacation! I'm glad the weather forecast didn't stop you.

The Piersons said...

It sounds like you had so much fun, it looks gorgeous! I'm so glad that it didn't rain on you guys and I hope you are both very tan.

Jami said...

Looks like you guys had fun. So what do they put on dinner crapes? How did you guys decide to go to Florida?

Christina Bassi said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! It is so beautiful there. I had that problem with the googles too the first time I went snorkeling. Not fun. Tanning, going to shows, nice dinners, and seeing alligators sounds like a good time. Glad it didn't rain after all!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

I am so glad that the weather ended up working out for ya'll! Looks like you had a wonderful time... from the food to the entertainment! How fun.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

FUN!! Aren't the poly dancers the best? I love watching them too. You really did cram a lot into one weekend! Cute hair, too. It looks shorter than the last time I saw you.

Regina said...

okay so tell us what is in a dinner crepe... (good question jami!)

Jalei & Lane said...

A dinner crepe is a crepe you eat for dinner...duh! Mine had cheese, mushrooms & a creamy sauce inside. Lane's had cheese, sauce & sausage.

Regina said...

i know it's a crepe you eat for dinner. nerd. we wanted to know what was INSIDE the crepe. i have only ever had breakfast or dessert crepes. i need to find a restaurant like that here. sounds good.

The Whites said...

That sounds like so much fun. We may have to make our next trip to Florida!

The Jester Family said...

You guy's have way to much fun. Hope it continues forever.