Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike


So this weekend should be interesting. Ike is getting stronger & is heading straight for us! This morning I was on my way to work, & after listening to the radio & hearing everybody freaking out I decided it was a good idea to get gas. Well I drove around for 30 minutes looking for a gas station that wasn't full & finally got one but got ripped off on the price! I went about my day but decided to listen to the mayor & cut out before noon. That's when certain zip codes had evacuation. I definitely didn't want to be caught in traffic if I didn't have to be. So I headed home & stopped by the red box to rent 3 movies. I figured if I'm going to be holed up in the house all day I needed some entertainment. We made a trip to target for milk & licorice....the things we can't live without. We actually have food storage, so we didn't really need anything. We really went to get out of the house before we'll be locked up in it. Watching the storm brewing on the news is crazy. It's as wide as Texas! They're saying the hurricane winds stretch over 100 miles from the center & tropical storm winds stretching almost 300 miles from the center. I think we'll be fine since we're on the 3rd floor, but I am worried about the windows. Lane says they're facing the wrong direction. Depending on how bad it gets, we may have to move our tv. I'll update as time goes on.

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

CRAZY!!! I hope everything goes ok!

KT said...

I hope we are all okay! It is crazy to look at images and see how HUGE this storm is. We are toughing it out too. Daniel's birthday is on Saturday- poor guy- we'll be stuck in the house, hopefully WITH power. It will be an interesting weekend, and I'll be glad when it's over!

Jami said...

Why aren't you coming up here?

Jalei & Lane said...

Because we were not told to evacuate, so we'd figure we'd stay off the roads & leave them clear for the people who do have to evacuate.

Alyssa and Kevin said...

Be safe!!! Get candles.. the news says power is always the first to go! We're supposed to get it too.. but it'll be down graded to a tropical storm...