Friday, September 19, 2008

In the Meantime


Since we've been forced into a weeks vacation, we tried to make the most of it. I have to say we squeezed in so much stuff. We stayed in Whitney for 2 days with Lane's family. The picture above is of us on a walk. The area has some pretty cliffs. Then we headed to Arlington for the remainder of our stay. While we were there, we sat in on my mom's class for a while. I thought it was interesting to see how 5th graders act. They're so different from 2nd graders. Later that night Lane had his 1st experience with Rock Band. Now he's hooked. We also went to dinner with my parents & Lane's dad & Brenda. They only live 5 minutes away from us, so it's nice we can all get together. During the days we played a game of Putt Putt. I totally burned Lane by 6 strokes! I had no idea I was so great at miniature golf. But he repaid me by killing me in bowling. We played 4 games & I sucked it up in every one! We headed to Amy's for dinner one night. It was good to get to see everyone. I couldn't get over how great Amy's food was. I kept asking her how she made it because our food never turns out like that. I know she thought I was crazy. After all, it was grilled chicken. Later that night Lane & I played Trivial Pursuit with Mike & Regina. That game ended up being forever long, but it payed off because We Won!

Here we are after dinner. I don't know why Regina has this bright green rag in the picture!

Here's Mike & little Kelley! He never knows what to think of pictures.

No I'm not pregnant. I've just always been able to stick my stomach out so far that I "appear" pregnant. I've really always looked at it as a talent. Most people might be embarrassed. I on the other hand am proud! I've never met anyone else who could do it until Mike. No wonder we get along well.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Glad that y'all are safe and are in air condition! If we had no power or water we would definitely be out of here, especially with 2 kids. Nice that you were able to take a mini-vacation....wish we could of as I desperately need one! Take care and be safe on your way back to H-Town. Glad your power and water is back on so you can get back to "normal". Hope to see you soon.... we still need to have you over for dinner. Let me know what your next few weekends look like.

Kelley and Addison said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! We finally got power last night and things are getting back to normal in The Woodlands! Gas is easy to get now and even some restaurants are open!!

Regina said...

Great to see you and it's about time you win a round of Trivial Pursuit. We were afraid you wouldnt want to play with us anymore. :)

Stacey said...

I love the picture of my 3 girls. You are all so beautiful. It's fun to see you guys together. I swear you all will always be 16 to me. You guys look great. Miss you!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I hate to bust your bubble, Jalei, but you don't look pregnant in that picture. Sorry.

Regina said...

And by the way that bright green rag is a burp cloth you dink. Never leave home without them. Just wait....

the tatsaks said...

It was so nice to see yall. Sorry we did not make it to reginas. We did not leave until 1:30