Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vroom Vroom!


It's a 2 seater!

Retro looking, right?

Last Thursday we bought a moped! Since Lane has this new job where he works on the weekends, it leaves me stranded at home ALL day on Saturday! So we thought this to be the best solution. I think it's so cute. Very retro looking. I would only drive it around our area, which works great since everything I need is literally around the corner. It goes up to 40 mph so I can keep up with cars on the roads. We're going to have so much fun with this! Today Lane & I went to the DPS & took our moped test. I seriously thought I was going to fail it! None of the questions were in the booklet I read. Go figure. But by some act of God I passed! So did Lane of course. Now we are legally allowed to drive the moped around. I didn't realize we'd be getting a brand new license. I thought we'd get a separate paper license for it. But nope, we had to take a picture & everything & will get it in the mail. I wish I would have known, because for the next 3 years, I'm going to have a crappy picture with my hair in a pony tail! One funny thing did happen. When Lane took his picture, the lady was like, "Are you sure you want to smile like that?" Lane can't manage to smile normally for some reason. Then she accidentally printed it out with the wrong address, so he had to take his picture again. She goes, "Well this looks just like the other one." I was laughing so hard. I can't believe some stranger actually told him he looks dumb. Bottom line-we now have a moped. Anyone got any ideas for a good name for it?

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

FRIGGIN SWEET!!! That's awesome. I am not clever though, so no name ideas!

Regina said...

SHUT UP!!! I have talked to you since then and you didn't tell me!!! I think I may be mad about that. Well, at least it's a tow seater. You and Lane should drive it up here. Haha. That would be a nice 10 hour drive!

Paige said...

Moped Ned

Bexie Funk said...

that's really cute! i totally understand about he stranded thing, if only mopeds came with seats for kids.

Jaymie and Justin said...

how much did it cost

the tatsaks said...

You totally have me laughing out loud. That looks like so much fun!

Jami said...

Very cute. You know you have a scooter in Mom and Dad's basement.

Jalei & Lane said...

Yes I know it's still down there, but it doesn't run on gas & go fast!