Thursday, December 4, 2008

Corpus Christi


I traveled to Corpus for a work event yesterday.My job was to get a gift bag for a prize we were giving away, but I couldn't find a Walgreens, CVS, or grocery store anywhere! Luckily we happened to stumble across a gift shop/restaurant. So we went inside & the only kind of bag they had was hand painted like the one above. So I paid the $3. Then the cashier tells me there's an art show going on upstairs & we should check it out. We weren't going to go until she said there was free food & then we were in. So we head up there & there's only about 10-15 people & they were all senior citizens. We definitely stuck out. The strange thing about this art show was that there were only 4 pieces of work there. My favorite part was a solo sax they hired to play music. He was head to toe in a purple suit. The whole situation was very strange & I started laughing when he started playing circus music. It's definitely something you had to be there to appreciate.

While we were there we also stopped by the original Whataburger. Obviously it's had some remodeling. I've never seen a 2-story one before. The guy who brought us our food was so nice. I recommend Corpus to those who want to eat at Whataburger. Otherwise I suggest staying home.

2 comments:

Jami said...

I haven't seen a two story one before, but I have seen a two story Mc Donald's.

the tatsaks said...

So you had to go there to get a gift bag?