Monday, December 29, 2008

It's a Christmas Miracle!

I was going to wait at least 3 months to tell everyone, much less blog about it, however it all happened at a good time when I was in town & could tell my family in person. The Friday before Christmas I was staying with Regina while Lane was driving up the next day. I mentioned to her I was a little concerned & we decided to find out. Sure enough, I didn't even have to wait the 2 minutes like the box says. Then we call Amy & make up some stupid story to get her over there. And when I show her, she thinks it's Regina who's pregnant & walks right past me! (Thanks for the support Amy). I couldn't have picked better people to be with me when I found out (except for maybe Lane). Of course they made me take several pictures, many of which I did not post to spare you.
You'll have to excuse our look. This was probably around 10pm.

Regina broke out the bubbly (sparkling grape juice) for the occasion.

When Lane finally got here the next day I had wrapped up the test to give to him as an early Christmas present. Here's his reaction...

Don't worry he eventually warmed up to the idea. We're both very happy, excited and blessed at the thought of a little addition to our family! I'm only a little over 5 weeks along, so keep your fingers crossed for us.

26 comments:

The Piersons said...

Congratulations!! What a great Christmas surprise!

Allison said...

Oh my gosh!! I am SOOO excited for you and Lane!! YEAH!! Congrats!! And, I'm so glad y'all live close to us so the cousins can get to know each other and we can do "playdates". So much fun is in store for the two of you. I'm so happy!!

Bexie Funk said...

that's so exciting! congratulations!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Congratulations!!! That is SO EXCITING!

Regina said...

YAYYYYYYYY!! The cat's out of the bag! Don't worry, you will have a smooth pregnancy,and gain only like 20lbs, it's just your luck!!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

That's awesome! We are so happy for y'all. Congats!

Paige said...

Girl get ready, it is the coolest thing ever! I am so happy for you!!!!

the tatsaks said...

I got chills reading this. I am so excited and glad you decided to tell everyone!!!! I love you and yall are going to be amazing parents!!! CONGRATS!!!

KT said...

wow, congrats! what a fun Christmas gift!

Gwen said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!! That is awesome news! Now, I get to look forward to your "baby bump" pictures!

Missy said...

Oh wow, congrats, Jalei! You guys will have one seriously cute kid I'm sure!

Kelley and Addison said...

OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATS, JALEI!!! so super excited for you!!!! I can't wait to keep up with it all on here!!!!!

Nicole said...

How exciting!! You and Jamie are only 3 weeks apart. You will have so much fun. I am so happy for you.

The Rowes said...

Congratulations! What great news. I wrapped up the positive pregnancy test twice for Derek as a present. It's fun! You are going to be the cutest pregnant woman in the world. You guys will be such great parents. Hope you are feeling well! See you in the new year.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Lindsey

The Lindsey's said...

congratulations!! I bet your parents are really excited to..wouldn't it be great if you had twins? hehe

The Hickman Family said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys! I had a feeling you were or would be soon! You will be the cutest little pregnant woman. Let me know if you end up going with doctor. Congrats again!

Julianne said...

AWESOME - that is so exciting! Congratulations. The look on Lane's face is priceless.

Alyssa and Kevin said...

Congrats sweetheart!! Luckily you have such a huge support system around you and some great Mother role models!! Definite Xmas miracle!

Jami said...

We are so happy for you. Of course the fact that we are only 3 weeks apart will only bring more attention to the fact that I will be the whale while you are the cute pregnant lady. Anyway, the girls are so excited to have a new cousin.

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations again! We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you guys! And what a hilarious picture of Lane's reaction to the news.

Debbie said...

Yayyyyyyy Jalei!!! Omg, that's such exciting news! I love the picture of Lane's face! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy! Enjoy it all while it lasts...it goes by so quickly! I feel like I was just 5 weeks and finding out I was pregnant..now I'm 7 months! Congratulations, you two!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I know I already said this once, but WOHOOOOO!! I'm so excited for you guys.

The Mulkey Family said...

Congratulations Jalei!!! This is such exciting news to hear! You are going to be the greatest mommy and I can't wait to hear what you are having...we have to get together next time you are in town so I can see that little bump!!

Laura said...

Jalei!!!! I need to look at your blog more!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting! That is so exciting!

Stacey said...

Yay for you. That is great news. I'm sure the baby will be as beautiful as you. Congratulations. You, Amy & Regina look great.