Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays, Wedding & Experiment

This weekend we went to Arlington & were busy the entire time. I have 3 nieces & all of them have March birthdays. This year they decided to have a "Fancy Nancy" party & everything was decorated to the nines.
Here's Imogen (6) and Lorelai (4).
And this little munchkin is Matilda (2). This was the best shot I could get. She's always on the go.

Lorelai was constantly dancing, so Lane got out there & showed her some moves.

I was lucky enough to be in town for Kelly's 1st birthday! Regina did a great job of decorating with all the little extras. I'm sure Kelly will appreciate it when he's older!

Lane's step-brother, Mike got married to Eryn this weekend. The wedding was so pretty but freezing cold! It was in the Japanese Gardens. The poor bridesmaids were shivering the entire time. But the reception was inside, so that was a plus. Eryn looked beautiful & it was great to see Mike so happy.

So this will sound a bit strange. My sister-in-law, Jaymie told my mom about a way you can find out if you're having a boy or girl. Of course we had to try. Plus I figure I'll know for sure on Wednesday so I won't be in suspense for too long. Here's how it works...it's pretty gross...put 2 tbs of Crystal Draino into a glass jar. Then add 2-3 oz of urine. If it turns brown, it's a boy. If it doesn't change, it's a girl. My sister & I are both pregnant, so we tried it out. She had more pee than I did, but they both turned brown, which means we're having boys! I'll tell you for sure on Wednesday.

6 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

AIGH! I'm emailing this to my friend who's pregnant. I'm dying to know if it works!!

Jami said...

I still don't think mine looked that much different than it did at the beginning. It started out darker than yours.

The Piersons said...

I'm so excited for you to find out!! It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend.

Allison said...

I can't wait to find out on Wednesday!! So exciting!! If it's a girl I have a few brand new outfits (some Christmas) that Emerson never got to wear or fit into.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

hurry up, Wednesday! I can't wait to hear what you're having! And why the heck is my doc making me wait longer than you to find out what we're having??? I don't find out till the 3rd!

Debbie said...

They have the craziest tests for this stuff!! My cousin finds out what she's having next week and my aunt gave her a book FULL of tests. I had no idea there were so many tests and old wives tales for this! Have you guys done the needle test? That one worked for me, my sister-in-law, and friend Tara!