Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rodeo 09


This is our 2nd year to go to the rodeo here in Houston. We parked really far away, & hopped on the trolley along with the rest of the world. We figured we'd be dropped off right in front of the gates. So you can imagine everyone's surprise when we get dumped at the other end of the parking lot only to stand in another trolley line! It was the strangest thing. I think it would have been faster to walk.

My favorite thing about the rodeo is the livestock. I think the animals are so cute & it makes me wish I had some land to raise animals on. This rabbit had the longest ears I have ever seen! I think it's called the Lop Rabbit.

For Christmas, Lane got me tickets to Country Giant, Alan Jackson. He is one of my all time favorite singers. I was teary eyed the entire concert because I love him so much! He has the best songs & has stayed true to his country roots.

The concert did not disappoint! Hats off to you Alan.

8 comments:

Donnie and Laura said...

Ahhh! that is a cute bunny!! Maybe next year we will go with yall!!!

Regina said...

Gotta love Alan Jackson. Great singer of great songs! how fun!

Debbie said...

Awww, I love Alan Jackson!! what a fun time!! :)

Alys said...

Did you or Lane tell my Dad you saw Alan Jackson? He is kind of obsessed with him right now. He has had the same Alan Jackson cd in his car since Thanksgiving. And, usually the song is on repeat! Anyway, I am glad you had fun.

The Lindsey's said...

I'm glad you got to see Alan you lucky dog...

Jami said...

Sounds like fun. We didn't make it to the stock show this year. I'm glad you had fun at your concert.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love AJ too. He's the best.

Laura said...

We still haven't been to the Rodeo! We'll probably have to wait until next year though... Scott has to work just about every day this month and I have to be home for all the construction guys that keep coming to fix things every day. But it's fun to read about what you did. I can't wait to go! :)