Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Lane!

Today was Lane's 30th birthday! The big one! I thought it was pretty funny that this week he has been laying flat on his back for the past couple of days. He doesn't know what he did (besides get old). He had a pretty good day. He ate nonstop which is good for him since he's trying to gain weight. (He finally hit the 200 lb mark) Anyway, we started off the day by going to breakfast at Buffalo Grille before his classes. While he was at school, they had a pizza party & his friend brought cupcakes & he scored a free pita from somewhere. When he got home I had the cake from Buca di Beppo waiting for him which was delicious! He opened all of his cards/presents. Then we went to dinner with a bunch of our friends at Cafe Adobe. It was a great time.

He's excited here because we didn't have to pay for dinner.

Thanks to everyone who celebrated Lane's big day with us!

10 comments:

Alys said...

30 and 200 pounds! Those are some great accomplishments Lane. Jalei I am glad you posted something. I was hoping (and expecting) you would. I have a fond memory of Lane's #24 (my last living anywhere near him). This is right before he graduated BYU. He was so excited and kept singing "I'm gonna party like it's my birthday." over and over. Then we went to eat sushi because he loves sushi! Give him a hug for me and tell him I said "Happy Birthday!"

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Happy Bday Lane!! Why is he trying to gain weight?? I wish Clint was 200lbs!.... so is your baby girls name decided? Elliot Reese??? I LOVE that!

Regina said...

Happy birthday Lane!! BIG 30!! On a different note, I bought Elliot the two cutest outfits on the face of the earth today. Thought you should know.

Christina Bassi said...

Funny you should ask. We parked in a spot real close and thought we lucked out. But we didn't read the sign correctly and ended up getting a $65 parking ticket.

Debbie said...

all that free food HAS to make for a great birthday!! ;)

Jami said...

Happy Birthday. We are still waiting on your gift to get here. We will mail it as soon as does. We hope you had a great birthday.

Donnie and Laura said...

Happy Birthday Lane!! And I just saw the name! Cute :)

Allison said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lane! Hope it was a great one! I haven't been to El Tiempo since my bachelorette party, but it sure is good, especially when it's free! We might need to meet up there for dinner one night without the kids. Let's plan on getting together again either meeting for dinner in between our houses or having you over for dinner at the house. By the way, I love Elliot Reese! So funny how similar the name is to our Emerson Reese....love it!

the tatsaks said...

Happy Birthday Lane!!! Isnt that sicking that they have to TRY to gain weight!?! I cant believe you and Regina married such old farts:)

ChelseaSalomone said...

We need some new baby bump pictures! Are you naming her Elliot? That's precious!! Have you picked out bedding and stuff?