Thursday, April 23, 2009

Binge Eating & Damage Control

My snacking is completely out of control. We bought a snack box variety pack w/ 16 bags of little cookies on Saturday & today they are now gone. Mainly because I've eaten an average of 4 bags a day. Ya I'm pretty sure they're supposed to last a lot longer. And these binges are on top of me already stopping to buy some sort of fast food while I'm at work, whether it's cheddar peppers, breakfast jacks, double cheeseburgers or breadsticks from Pizza Hut. Today I was so ashamed that I wouldn't even tell Lane what I had to eat. He had to dig through the trash to discover my bad habits. I had to look away. Oh the embarassment.

I was doing pretty good at going to the gym for the last month, but that's when my motivation usually starts to dwindle & I find excuses not to go. So I went online & ordered 2 prenatal dvds: 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates & The Total Pregnancy Workout. I tried the pilates today. I did 2 of the workouts (20 min). I was good after 1, but Lane so kindly encouraged me that I was in pretty good shape to be able to handle 2 of them...ugh. I have to say I did pretty good. You can see I wasn't prepared with real dumbbells, so I had to settle with 2 cans of Thick & Hearty New England Clam Chowder. Tomorrow I will try out the other.

In Action: Lane thought I looked so funny in my tight workout clothes with my big belly hanging out.

I figured he might as well take a picture from the side so you can see how big I really am.

Disclaimer: Just in case I've made it sound that way, in no way does Lane constantly check up on my food intake. In fact it's quite the opposite. He's usually the one making my chocolate milkshakes or bringing me a homeade cookie monster.

15 comments:

{lex} said...

Good job on the working out. I am so excited to know that I am not the only one that has a baby belly.

Kelley and Addison said...

ooohhhh...how i love a cookie monster! (don't you miss cheddars restaurant?!?!)

ps you look great!! nothing to worry about!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love this post! You are too funny. And you took so good. Gag me.

The Whites said...

Great job on the working out. I would say that prenatal workouts are a good way to go. After I got over the feeling sick and exhausted part in the first few months, I started on prenatal workout videos and loved them. I had one that was pretty hard core and used that one up until the last month or two when I got so huge and I could hard lift my legs. Then I went to a much easier one. Good thinking with the soup cans! I'll have to give that one a try!

the tatsaks said...

Yea... I love the belly pic! You look AMAZING!!! If you can eat like that and still look like that...then why not?

The Piersons said...

You look amazing. And don't worry, I went through the same thing at your stage- a major appetite increase at 20 weeks because your metabolism increases-so don't feel bad and good job on the pre-natal workout videos. I keep saying I'm going to try one...I still have ten weeks :)

Debbie said...

"Lane thought I looked so funny in my tight workout clothes with my big belly hanging out."

....what big belly?!?!? you look fantastic! good for you, I didn't work out at ALL!

Stacey said...

Jalei, you look so good. Good for you to be working out. I'm so excited about you having a little girl. She will be darling.

The Hickman Family said...

Jalei, you are hilarious! Enjoy the snacks and fast food while you can. You look great so I wouldn't worry about a thing. Lexie is 5 months old and I'm still trying to burn off all those chips ahoy I ate! I can't even walk down the snack isle at the grocery store without wanting to gag now.

Jami said...

I'm impressed that you did any exercise at all. I am so tired by the time I get home, I don't want to do anything. The DVD looks good. Maybe I will have to get one. I bet I can get the girls to do it with me.

Laura said...

Seriously, I KNOW what you mean! I can't stop eating and snacking either... my body is telling me I'm hungry all the time. Ugh! I made a goal last night to limit my chocolate intake to one granola bar (with chocolate chips in it) per day (instead of ice cream, cookies, pudding, frosting... or anything else chocolate a couple times a day.) And man, my exercise has gone down hill too... I've stopped running (since it's not so comfortable any more) and I've convinced myself that walking won't do anything, so I've stopped working out all together. Bad! Scott had to convince me that walking for 30 min a day is better than doing nothing.

Anyway, I feel your pain! You look great though, so keep up the good work! :)

Regina said...

You do look great, your belly is not huge or hanging out. Come on, you used to be able to make yourself look that big after a large meal! Ha!

Funk said...

i was terrible at watching my eating habits during my first pregnancy, don't worry you're doing great!

Jaymie and Justin said...

I'm not going to judge you for the binge eating. Most days lately I feel starving every two hours. It looks like you have done with the exercising though. Good for you! I need to get some pregnancy workout videos.

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

I'm so jealous that you have junk food cravings! Most food still turns me off... And I miss eating! I love your little baby bump. You look adorable!