Tuesday, November 3, 2009

27

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I realize as I get older, my birthday gets a little less important to me. It's not as big of a deal as it used to be. I did have a semi-relaxing day. Both Lane & I were able to get off work & spend the day shopping! It's been so long since I've been able to just shop. And since it's my first time post baby I feel like I need a completely new wardrobe. So that was my mission. I made a list of stores so I would stay focused. And wouldn't you know that in the end I failed miserably. I only ended up with 2 light sweaters & 2 pairs of shoes. Where were all the clothes hiding? I have no idea. I even went to stores that were not on my list in hope of a great find. Isn't that how it always is...you can never find anything when you actually have the money. Well lucky for me, my friend is addicted to online shopping. So when I told her about my bad luck, she sent over several links for me to look at & I'm pretty sure I'll be making some purchases! So I guess it wasn't completely a lost cause. Later that night, we went to Buca to eat. It was so delicious!

17 comments:

Regina said...

Happy Birthday! Did you ever think your birthday would become less important?! I never did, but we are getting old!

the tatsaks said...

Happy Birthday!!! That so always happens to me! We will have to do a birthday dinner for you next time you are in town!

Fernando said...

aHappy Birthday! Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy it with Lane.

Gwen said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry your shopping trip was a bust. I hope you find some things online that you really like.

Jami said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Watch for your card in the mail.

Alys said...

Well, I'm glad you were able to go out. I am a little scared for shopping after this baby comes. I started going through some of my winter clothing last weekend and was wondering if I am ever going to fit in them. I know I will, but it is hard to think past this belly at the moment.

Donnie and Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! I can never find anything shopping when I want to either! I always look at online things.. but I'm scared to order them because I have to try things on first.

Christina Bassi said...

That always happens to me. If you don't have money you find the best things and if you do nothing. Well, glad to hear you guys still had a good time. Happy Birthday! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry about your bad luck shopping, but happy birthday!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Happy Happy birthday to you!!!!

Bexie Funk said...

happy birthday! glad you had a relaxing day!

The Piersons said...

Happy Birthday! I laughed outloud when I read that you made a list of stores you wanted to shop at. Too funny.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Jalei!!!

The Hickman Family said...

Happy birthday Jalei! I didn't realize how close in age we are - I just turned 27 a month and a half ago. Hope you had a great day!

Christina Bassi said...

Hi Jalei,
I wanted to let you know that we changed our blog address. We wanted to take out our last name from the address. If you want to view our blog please go to http://bcfamilymemories.blogspot.com/.

Thanks,
Christina

Julianne said...

What a fun way to spend the day. I hope your online purchases are successful.
Happy Belated Birthday!

Stacey said...

Jalei, I can't believe you're 27. Wow. What a great little mom you are. I love reading your blog. You have such a cute family. I hope you had a great birthday. Love ya.