Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We didn't think we'd be able to go to Arlington because of Lane's schedule, but he got an extra day off last minute. So we packed up the car & headed that way. We wanted to surprise my family since they weren't expecting us. I decided to call my mom & chit chat on the way. Now there are 2 things I love about Thanksgiving food: fried turkey & pumpkin chocolate cheesecake. I was asking my mom what she was cooking for dinner & I noticed she didn't mention either of these. So I asked about them & she said that since I wasn't going to be there, she had decided not to make them. At this point I was torn. Do I keep the surprise & risk not getting my favorites? Or do I spill the beans & ensure myself a full meal? Well I decide to keep my secret & got off the phone. 2 minutes later, I decide that it would still be a surprise if I went ahead & told her, so I call her back. Needless to say she was more than happy to add a few items to the menu!

I'm thankful for...

My little squirmy worm.

My husband.

And so much more!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad you got your favorites for Turkey Day (and happy Lane got off work... I don't know when we'll see my sister-in-law, who is in her first year of residency).

Oh and about maternity leave -- I actually get NONE working for the state (which sucks), but I've saved up a ton of sick leave and vacation days. I hoping to take somewhere between 10-12 weeks of time off.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Ah ha- LOVE the bathtub pic!!

Gwen said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting us! We enjoyed it so much! Elliot is getting more precious by the day. I'm glad that you got your favorites...my mom would have done the same thing for me too. I'm grateful that we have great mothers, great husbands, and great babies!!!

Bexie Funk said...

that's a really good picture of you. your hair looks great. i totally would've done the same thing, i'm sure your family was still surprised.

Justin and Allison said...

Glad you got your favorites. Very cute tub pic.

Lindsey said...

Awww cute photos :) And I've heard fried turkey is good, but I've never tried it...there's always next year!

The Piersons said...

What a great picture of you and Lane, you really have such a beautiful family. And that is so funny about the calling your mom back so you can have your favorites!

Christina Bassi said...

That's nice you got to go home for thanksgiving. A restaurant just isn't the same. Pumpkin chocolate cheesecake sounds so good. Your mom is such a good cook.

Jami said...

She will always bend over backwards to make her baby happy. We really enjoyed getting to see you guys. I hope we get to see more of you at Christmas.

Alys said...

I know Dad was loving that he got to see Elliot. Wish we could have been there too.

the tatsaks said...

Yea...that is a risk I would not have taken!!! I am glad you got to come down but bummed we did not get to hang out more!!!

Jen-Jen said...

aww i am so glad you got to go to arlington and get your chocolate cheesecake :) i love both of those pictures!! Elliot is getting so big and your hair looks great! Miss you!! I wish you were coming to Tahperd this week!!! But, I am glad you don't have to :)

Laura said...

Nice, I'm glad that you guys were able to make it up there. And that fried turkey sounds awesome... we'll have to try that one of these years.