Friday, November 6, 2009

The Difference Between Moms & Dads

Last night Lane put Elliot down to sleep. As I lay in my bed, I turned the monitor on to watch. What I heard cracked me up & I then realized how different men & women are as parents. Normally when I put her in her bed & she's having a hard time falling asleep, I may sing a lullaby-one that my parents used to sing to me, or a simple nursery rhyme...something with a melody. But apparently Lane has come up with his own lullaby & it goes a little something like this...go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep (repeated over & over in a monotone voice as he rubbed her head). I couldn't help but laugh.

13 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

K, Clint does the EXACT same thing. It cracks me up!!

Paige said...

HA! we are so different as parents. That is funny!

Gwen said...

That is so funny! I hope it worked :o)

ChelseaSalomone said...

That is hilarious!!!

Alys said...

Yes, men and women are so very different. Although, I think Sean will sing to our little one. It is the Welsh blood in him, he was born to sing!

Jami said...

That's funny. We usually just turn on the moble. It works great.

Lindsey said...

I laughed out loud at this! So funny!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! So typical!!!

Regina said...

That is too funny! You will find many more ways that moms and dads are different, I am sure!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Yes, I don't think Justin is much of a lullaby person either. I don't think most guys are

Debbie said...

haha...Badi has a little bit of pep in his lullabys but that's exactly what my Dad does when he's rocking Jacob. haha :)

Fernando said...

That's so funny, but not surprisingly in the least. Most men (including myself) would probably do the same.

Jocelyn said...

One not-cool thing about not going to DFW this weekend: Scott and I were supposed to take photos just like you and Lane did with Missy Saunders tomorrow! Now I won't have any cute, professional pictures of us before the baby arrives! :-(