Saturday, March 13, 2010

Country Cookin'

Our church had a chili cook off today & it was so much fun. There were tons of entries. I ate 4 bowls! I couldn't stop myself.

Lane decided to enter the pie eating contest. Whoever finishes their pie first wins.

Here he is at the beginning.

He was in the lead at this point. He had to do a stretch in the middle.

Unfortunately he didn't win. Once he got to the crust, he couldn't get it down fast enough.

I entered the cornbread contest & got 2nd place! Thank you Jiffy.

Here's a little family photo. I don't know what Lane is doing with his head.

9 comments:

KT said...

Oh how fun. Kira is sick so we didn't make it. Haha! Jiffy does make great cornbread-did you put anything extra in it? Congrats on 2nd place! Elliot looks so cute by the way.

Lindsey said...

Fun!! And I love that E is going for your ribbon, LOL. Also loving your hair this length!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Elliot looks SO cute. Love your long hair. Can't believe you won second place. Oh wait. Yes I can! You rock!

Rachel said...

Wow, looks like we missed out. Congrats on the cornbread win, and better luck next time to Lane :)

Regina said...

4 bowls - you crack me up. You would win 2nd place with Jiffy.

Fernando said...

We wish we could have made it! However, family was in town at Lake Conroe.

Alys said...

I love the plaid shirts for the occasion!

Christina Bassi said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Congrates on your ribbon. I will have to get the recipe from you. Is it on the back of Jiffy cornmeal? Elliot looks cute in her little outfit.

Laura said...

I was so excited when I saw you won 2nd for the corn bread! Yay! I can't believe how good all that chili was! I wish I could have eaten more. :)