Thursday, March 11, 2010

Zoo

We were invited to go to the zoo today with our neighbor & were so excited. This was E's 1st time. I had a great time looking at all the animals & Elliot had a great time looking at all the people. Just as I expected. She's not quite into the animals yet. But she still loved being outside.

Ms. Happy Pants

Here's how she sat most of the time. Feet propped up.

I had a brief panic attack right before this picture was taken. I was getting my camera out & when I reached to get Elliot, she was gone. Not in her seat. I immediately start sweating, tearing up & am turning around everywhere practically yelling, "Someone took Elliot!" I didn't even think to look on the ground. Luckily, and this sounds bad, she was at the foot of her stroller on her side. Poor thing had fallen out! How is that possible? Well I didn't have her buckled in at this point because I feel like it restricts her & she can't sit up straight like she wants. I also had the foot rest open where her feet could hang out because otherwise she can't stretch her legs out. Well apparently she had slid right through that hole & onto the ground. I can't even describe the feeling I had & she was so upset. I felt horrible! Good thing she bounces back fast & was all smiles afterward.

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Aww, poor Elliot! Good thing kids are so resilient. I can't imagine how much you must have freaked out!

Regina said...

Oh my gosh!!! That would be so scary thinking someone took her!! Don't feel bad about her falling out. Kids fall all the time and better to fall out than be stolen!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm laughing only cause that EXACT same thing happened to Sage. Pushing her in that EXACT same stroller, didn't want to buckle her in, turn around, turn back, and WAM. She's gone! Def scary. Glad she is ok!

Lindsey said...

These pictures are so cute! Glad y'all had fun even with the scare.

Bexie Funk said...

i remember the first time caroline ran away from me in a store, I just about shut the store down myself. its an awful feeling!

Gwen said...

I got so scared reading this. I'm glad Elliot is fine. Jalei, I mean this with tons of love...USE THE STRAPS!!!

Jami said...

We learned our lesson about buckling in. Imogen either climber or slid out of her stroller. There was no mistaking it though, she was screaming.

Debbie said...

OMG...how terrifying!! thankfully it was JUST her sliding out! yeesh!

glad you guys had fun at the zoo! we love taking jacob there! (he loves people watching, too!)

Justin and Allison said...

Poor Baby.

I think she is going to be a spitting image of you!

She is a cutie.

Abby Batlle said...

what a scary feeling! looks like a fun trip besides that part. elliot gets cuter all the time, i swear!