Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lane's 1st Father's Day

This was Lane's 1st Father's Day. I would say it was a success. He got a new pair of shoes as his gift. Below are the cards from Elliot & myself.

We started things off this morning with breakfast. I made blintzes. It was my first time trying the recipe & they were soooo good! I posted the recipe on my food blog. They were super easy to make but look really good.

Then we headed off to church. For dinner I surprised Lane with salad, sushi & chocolate mousse. He absolutely loves sushi but never gets it because I don't eat it. But because it was his special day, I got it for him anyway. I just stuck with the salad. Dinner was especially nice because Elliot happened to be taking a nap, so we got to enjoy it without constantly trying to keep her happy.

And we ended the night with popcorn & a movie. We watched The Family Jewels. It's this old Jerry Lewis movie that he likes. It's crazy how different movies are today compared to back then.

9 comments:

Alys said...

It sounds like Lane had a good Father's day. You were nice to get him sushi. And, I love the pic with him and Elliot.

Jami said...

That sounds mice. Did you make the sushi?

Christina Bassi said...

No, I ended up using Walgreens online because I hoped they might print them out at a store nearby so I could get the card faster but they didn't. Your card turn out adorable. Glad to hear Lane had a great 1st father's day.

Regina said...

That card with Elliot's pics is to cute! Look at you, making blintzes. Little Martha Stewart.

the tatsaks said...

Love the card! You are always so thoughtful and creative!

Lindsey said...

Wow, you did good!! Happy 1st Father's Day to Lane :)

Gwen said...

I'm glad that Lane had a great father's day! I'm sure he deserved it. The card is adorable! Job well done!!!

Fernando said...

Looks like Lane's showing off his sexy, hairy legs. ;) Elliot's as cute as ever.

Jan said...

Wow!! Sounds like a great first Father's Day!!!