Friday, June 25, 2010

What A Day!

Today I drove down to Arlington without Lane. He had a test & would have to fly in later tonight. So it was just me & Elliot. I've done the drive once before, but still get nervous. You just never know how it's going to go. She did pretty well for the first part. I stopped halfway to fill up the car, change her diaper & feed her a bottle. Then it was back on the road. Not 10 minutes into my drive did she start crying. Her pacifier had fallen in her carseat & she couldn't find it. It was pretty frustrating because I had put on her pacifier clip just before we left for this very reason. I figured she could get it if it was attached to her. So I pulled into a rest stop & plugged her back in. Then we're off again. What do you think happened? Yep, same situation. I kept telling her to just pick up her little chain & she would find it, but she was not having it. So AGAIN, I exit & plug her back in. Luckily she kept it in this time because I probably would have lost it if I had to stop a third time.

During my drive I'm talking/texting on & off to Mike & Amy to find out if Regina had little Arden yet. She went into the hospital at 6am so I figured it would happen pretty fast. I talked to Regina at about 11:30 & she was dialated to 9.5 & about to push. Well, apparently it took longer than expected (but I'm also impatient), so I thought I may be able to make it to the hospital before she arrives. I drop E off at my parents' house & then head towards Ft Worth. Well I get the text with a picture from Amy. Unfortunately I am about 20 minutes late:( But that's ok, I hang out at the hospital & love on Miss Arden for a while. Regina did great!

Arden Kate
8 lbs 15oz (Are you serious?!)
After all of that, I rushed home & got ready for my cousin's wedding. It was great & she looked amazing. The ceremony was outside in the hot, humid, with a few sprinkles weather. Luckily it didn't last very long & the reception was inside.

Here we are with the bride. Elliot did have on a bow at one point, but she never keeps them on longer than a minute anymore.

9 comments:

Gwen said...

WOW! What a way to start a weekend! Thanks for sharing the pics of Arden at church today. She is a doll :o) Sorry you missed her birth. At least you got to see Regina and Arden fairly quickly. Again, love your new do!

Christina Bassi said...

Sounds exhausting! I'm glad you guys made it there safely. Little Arden is adorable. Tell Regina congrats!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Arden is so so cute! And huge!
I LOVE your dress. Where did you get it?

Jami said...

You know you're not supposed to text and drive. The baby is too cute. Elliot did great at the wedding.

the tatsaks said...

Sweet Arden I love her! And I am so excited for you to be here for a month!!!

The Hickman Family said...

I detest long drives with kids! Once E gets a little older you should get a portable DVD player, they help a lot! Too bad you missed the birth, but at least you came straight there!

Laura Weight said...

sounds like a fun, but super busy trip! Glad that the drive went pretty well, i would be super nervous about driving by myself like that... you just never know how it will go with kids! Glad E did good!

Donnie and Laura said...

Awww, Arden is cute!!! Driving that trip alone takes it out of me, I can't imagine with a baby.. and then doing all the stuff afterwards! I like your hair!

Lindsey said...

LOVE your dress! That is so cute!