Saturday, June 19, 2010

No More Food Comas For Us

After eating so much last night that we were both hurting & still feeling it this morning, Lane & I have decided to go back to splitting our meals at restaurants. There will be 2 benefits to this switch: 1) it's cheaper and 2) we will be forced to eat a reasonable amount instead of hoovering everything in sight. This is a hard one for me. I get territorial over my food & hate sharing. I guess it's because I feel like I order something that I really like so that I can enjoy every last bite. Plus, I feel like I limit what Lane can choose because I tend to get the same thing all the time. And then there's Lane. The waiter will come by & try to pick up his plate because it looks as if he's through. But little does he know that the tiny bit of guacamole in the corner of his plate still has the potential of being eaten with chips. It's so embarrassing when this happens because Lane comes across as this ravenous creature, which I'm beginning to believe that he is. Oh I guess this will be a good thing for us. We always end up being so glad that we split something in the end. It's just the beginning that we have to get passed.

9 comments:

Jami said...

You could just bring home the left overs instead of stuffing yourself. They usually make great lunch the next day, especially Mexican.

Kashari said...

Don't worry Jalei, I am the exact same way when it comes to my food, i am possessive about it. But one thing I will do at restaurants is get the all you can eat soup and salad with my meal, gorge on that, and eat only some of my meal, take it home and eat it later. This way I get 2 meals instead of 1 :)

Regina said...

I could never. I am territorial over my food too. Poor Amy, everytime we go out she asks me to split something and I say no way! Michael and I have split a couple times, but when we do we order an appetizer and/or a dessert so it's the same thing either way. Still expensive and too filling.

Gwen said...

You crack me up! Good luck on your new adventure!

Jeremiah and I could never split a plate on a regular basis. He eats way more healthier than I do. I'm all for fried food and he loves his soups and salads. I think the only time we split a plate is when we go to Pappadeaux's. We order that huge sampler platter and split it. I'm sure he only does it for me. Well, he really does it for Bill because it makes Bill happy :o) (He recently named his wallet Bill...don't ask...)

Alys said...

I don't think that would work for us. Sean eats SO much. I usually just get a to go box, or Sean finishes my plate at the restaurant. He is a bottomless pit, but I keep telling him it will catch up to him soon.

Debbie said...

omg this was like reading into our "eating out habits" haha. we're the exact same way! even down to the being ravenous part! haha ;)

The Hickman Family said...

That's hilarious! The hard part is probably just agreeing on what to order!

the tatsaks said...

You are so funny!!! And yes Regina, I am a sharer!!!

Lindsey said...

LOL!! You know, it really does always work out better to share (Nathan and I used to do that to and probably should again)...I like it because you never have that sick I-ate-too-much feeling when you do it that way.