Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

 This years Thanksgiving was great. We stayed in Houston since we'll be going to Arlington in December & I have to say it's so nice to not have to go anywhere on a holiday. Instead we had Lane's dad & step mom come to us. This was my first year to host & everything went smoothly.
 Here's the table. My theme was acorns & maple leaves. I found these great gold & bronze glittered branches from Pier 1 that I loved. I didn't want to have to wash a ton of dishes, so I just stuck with paper plates. But they were cute!
 Here's a close up of the name tags I made.
 No I didn't fry this turkey myself because we don't have a turkey fryer, but I plan on getting one when we have more space! We ordered it from a local meat market & it was so good!
 What a beaut.
 Here's our spread. This doesn't include the salad & dessert. It doesn't look like much, but we only have 4 people & we barely put a dent in it. In fact, I was full before we even sat down. Luckily I couldn't overeat even if I wanted to.
The very top picture is what we looked like all day. I didn't even get Elliot out of her pjs. But this last picture we decided to dress up. We went out to this cool backdrop that I thought would be good for a holiday picture. It didn't turn out great as planned, so it probably won't make the cut. But it's festive anyway. I'll post it in December.

A big thanks to Alan & Brenda for coming down to stay with us. And to Brenda for helping me get all the food prepared!

10 comments:

Jaymie and Justin said...

I love the centerpiece and place settings! Good job! The food looks great!

Gwen said...

Look at you! I'm sure it was a very lovely dinner. I am seriously loving the table...CUTE!!!

Jami said...

Looks like everything went well.

Alys said...

Ordering a turkey is a great idea. I like ham much better, but you can't not have a turkey. Looks like it was fun.

the tatsaks said...

The table looks awesome!!! Congrats on your first holiday hosting! Great family pic!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Looks like you did a great job!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

oh ya, and you better add me.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Beautiful :) GReat job Jalei!

Lindsey said...

You are the best hostess ever! Seriously you always think of the little things when you are hosting something. I want that skill :) Glad Thanksgiving went so well!!

Regina said...

Looks like everything turned out great! Your plates looked awesome and your center piece was beautiful. Little Martha.