Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My 28th Birthday

At 3am I woke up to the biggest thunderstorm I can remember. It kept me awake for about an hour, but I have to admit that I liked it. It would have been better if we didn't have to wake up early. After getting Elliot fed & Lane off to school, I went to vote. Once that was taken care of, I got ready for the day & met my friend Lauren for lunch at La Madeleine. Tomato basil soup was just what I needed on a dreary day. Afterward, I spent the day shopping. I got a pair of shoes & was talked into buying a straightening iron by one of those stupid kiosk salesmen. I always try to avoid them, but they caught me & reeled me in. However, I did need one & it has a lifetime warranty. Since it was cold today it made me go out & get a pair of comfy sweat pants. I love them!

Now onto the good part. Lane got off work & later that night we went to dinner at a tapas bar called Mi Luna. We've lived in Houston for over 3 years & have never made it to this place. We both loved it! We ordered these delicious marinaded mushrooms, a goat cheese dish with garlic bread & beef kabobs. Everything was great.

For dessert, we headed over to The Melting Pot. When we got to our table, roses & a card were waiting for me. I was completely surprised! Then they took a picture of us & gave it to me in a frame.



We ordered the turtle fondue with chocolate, caramel & pecans. It was so so good!

At first, I was a little worried that there wasn't enough dessert to fill me up. This top plate was just for me. Lane had his own plate. I know what you're thinking...what a pig I must be. But let me tell you I can eat! And this was more than enough. In fact I left a few things.

I had to throw this picture in there.

Here's the picture they took. I had to take a picture of the picture because the one I took with my camera wasn't as good.

Here's my loot for today. Lane got me roses, my dad sent me roses & then there were the roses at the restaurant. For my gift Lane got me Cowboys Tickets. I am SO excited. We'll be going in December. He bought them way back before we knew their season was going to crap, but that's ok. I have only been 1 other time so it will truly be special.

And my last surprise from Lane was a back massage. He got an electric massager from his dad & it felt so good. Lane did such a great job planning everything. This is the first year I didn't figure out what he was doing so I was completely surprised. I think 28 is going to be great!

21 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm laughing cause of our convo this morning. Glad the dessert filled you up. AND wow, Lane. Seriously, give Clint tips.
I'm glad you were spoiled on your bday. You deserve it! :)

Christina Bassi said...

Sounds like a great birthday! The melting pot sounds yummy. Happy 28th. Sorry I didn't call you back. I will call tomorrow.

R and A Brannock Fam said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Looks like fun! :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like a lot of fun! And I LOVE Mi Luna!

Julianne said...

Happy birthday. I am sure 28 will be great.

Your day sounds great. I like Mi Luna too. I just had the mushrooms last time I was there they were great.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good one! Yummy, my stomach is growling now. I have lived in Houston my whole life (except for college) and I have never even been to the 2 places you went to. I have been wanting to try the Melting Pot but just have never gone.

Yeah, you were spoiled! Have Lane call Jason. All we do is dinner (if we are lucky) and a card. Flowers, what are flowers? :) But, you deserve to be spoiled!

Alys said...

The Melting Pot looks amazing. Nice choice for a birthday dinner. Looks like it was a good day all in all. Happy Birthday!

Bexie Funk said...

happy birthday! i'd love a day like that.

The Piersons said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had such a fun day. And I also love Mi Luna, it is amazing. The picture of you three at the restaurant is so cute.

Jaymie and Justin said...

Happy Birthday! Shopping & eating sounds like a great birthday to me!

Debbie said...

happy birthday, girl! sounds like an awesome day!!! :)

haha - I'm jealous of how much food you can put away and not gain any weight! i can eat one green bean and gain 15 pounds!

Jami said...

Glad you had a good birthday. I remember the day you were born. I got to miss school and everything. I remember that Dad took me to the hospital, and we brought you a Munchichi (totally spelled wrong). I only got to see you through the window, but I was so excited.

KT said...

Happy Birthday! Mmmm, the Melting Pot sounds so good. Looks like you had a great day!

Jen-Jen said...

great job lane!! i am so glad you had a good day :-) we have got to get together soon!! happy happy birthday!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gwen said...

Happy belated birthday! I haven't blogged in days because I've been a little busy and a little tired. I'm glad that the men in your life spoiled you a little! I love that you bought yourself shoes :o)

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday! I love getting flowers, and yours were very pretty. Are yellow roses your favorite?

the tatsaks said...

Glad you had a great birthday! And glad you left off the part about your loser best friend:(

Laura said...

Happy birthday a little late! Looks like you had a great day!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Happy belated Birthday:)